Manage and Share Session Recordings
After you've recorded a session and converted the recording, you can view your stored recordings and share the links with your attendees. You can also distribute a recording and send or upload the recording wherever else you'd like. If you are using online recording, your sessions will be automatically saved to the Video Library .
The features that are available on your account may vary depending on your subscription plan.
When you choose to have your recordings automatically saved online, they will immediately appear in your Video Library as soon as the session ends. From the Dashboard, click the Video icon in the left menu.
When you choose to have your recordings saved to your computer, you will need to manually upload them to your Video Library in order to share them with others. You can change your recording settings at any time.
1. Make sure the session recording has been converted.
2. From the Dashboard, click the Video icon in the left navigation. This will open your Video Library.
3. Click the empty field to browse and upload videos, or drag and drop your converted recordings.
4. If you choose to upload, select the converted recording file from your computer. Recordings are saved to the location specified in the Recording Preferences (default is C:\Users\<username>\Documents.
Note: Recording files must be .WMV or .MP4 format and less than 5 GB.
5. The recording will be processed and optimized to play back. You can choose to have an email sent to you once the recording is ready.
6 7. Once the recording is available in your Video Library, you can do any of the following:
You can stream a preview of the recording online to quickly watch it yourself without having to download the entire file or process it for sharing.
1. From the Dashboard, click the Video icon to open your Video Library.
2. Find the desired recording and click the Play icon.
4. A window will automatically open and play back your recording. Also see Share a recording with others.
- Log in at https://global.gotowebinar.com.
- Click the Video Library icon in the left menu.
- Locate the desired recording and click the Options icon.
- Click Copy Share Link.
- The link has been saved to your clipboard! Share by pasting the link wherever you'd like.
Archiving your event allows you to link an uploaded recording with a past webinar so that any attendees who register for the webinar after it has been held will automatically be sent to the archived session recording. This essentially turns the registration URL for the webinar into a link to the session recording.
1. Log in at https://global.gotowebinar.com.
2. Click My Webinars in the left navigation and then the Past Webinars tab.
3. Click the name of the webinar you wish to archive.
4. Click Edit next to Registration Settings and then the Registration tab.
5. Under "Recording", enable the "After the webinar ends, new registrants view a recording" check box.
6. Click Select a Recording, and then add the desired recording (upload a recording if needed).
7. Click Save.
8. Share the URL of your webinar with registrants as desired.
1. If you recorded locally, upload the recorded session. You must wait until a session has ended before converting the recording and seeing the session in the Past Events tab of the Dashboard.
2. From the Dashboard, either schedule a new webinar or open an existing one.
4. In the "Follow-Up Email" section (under "Emails"), click the fields for either attendees or absentees.
5. To send follow-up emails, make sure you're in the Send Email tab.
6. Click the Select a Recording button, then select the desired recording. Remember, if you have not yet uploaded the video, then it will not be listed. Click Add when finished.
See Manage Registration for more information about modifying and sending follow-up emails.
Note: If you're an organizer on a corporate (i.e., "offline") account, only the organizer who originally added the recording to the follow-up email will be able to delete it. Co-organizers won't be able to delete a recording that's been added by someone else, but co-organizers can still add a recording to a follow-up email if one hasn't already been added.
See who viewed a recording
When an attendee goes to the recording page, they will be prompted to register first. This means that you can view a list of who has registered to view the recording at any time.
If desired, you can download a .MP4 version of your online recordings. This feature is not available for manually uploaded recordings.
1. From the Dashboard, click the Library icon in the left navigation. This will open your Content Library.
2. Find the desired recording and click the More icon, then select Download.
3. The .MP4 file will automatically begin downloading.
You can locate a specific recording by using the search bar.
1. Log in at https://global.gotowebinar.com.
2. Click My Recordings in the left navigation.
3. Start entering the recording title in the Search box. The list will shorten to show only the results of the search.
Log in to your account at https://global.gotowebinar.com.
- Click the Video icon in the left menu to open your Video Library.
- Locate the desired recording and click the More icon and Delete.
- Click Yes, delete it to permanently delete the recording.