How much bandwidth is used during a session?
The amount of bandwidth that GoTo Webinar uses during a session varies depending on the features that are being used. For example, screen sharing will use more bandwidth during a PowerPoint presentation with multiple slides than it will when a single image is being shown.
We recommend that you have at least 1 Mbps of bandwidth available if you plan to use all of the following features during a session. If you will have 25+ webcams in use, we recommend at least 3 Mbps of bandwidth. Less will still work, but may cause poor session performance whereas more available bandwidth will provide a superior experience.
- Computer audio (VoIP) — 0.1 Mbps (100 Kbps)
- Webcam sharing (HDFaces) — 0.7 Mbps (700 Kbps) to 2.5 Mbps, depending on number and size of webcams in use
- Screen sharing — 0.04 Mbps (40 Kbps) to 2.5 Mbps, depending on the size and rate of changes happening on screen
- Select Turn on efficiency mode to free up resources.
- Select Turn off my camera to turn off your webcam if you are sharing.
- Select Hide everyone to hide all cameras excluding your own.