How do I connect to the audio? (Web)
The audio options available to you vary depending on what the organizer set for the session (for example, they may have disabled some methods or even provided their own conference call information).
Connect to session audio
- If you are running Google Chrome, your web browser will attempt to connect your mic and speakers to the audio conference. Select Allow to give the browser permission to do so.
- If you running a browser other than Google Chrome, you will see options to dial in. Use the drop-down menu to select a different country if desired, then use a phone to dial in to the audio conference using the phone number, access code, and audio PIN that is provided.
Switch audio modes during a session (computer vs. phone)
- Click the Settings icon in the toolbar.
- Use the radio buttons to select either Computer audio or Phone call
- If you selected Computer audio, use the drop-down menus to select which audio device to use for your microphone.
- If you selected Phone call, use a telephone to dial in to the audio and enter the access code and Audio PIN when prompted. Use the drop-down menu to see phone numbers for additional countries.
Mute and unmute yourself
You will be muted by default when you first join the session. You must first be unmuted by an organizer before you can speak or subsequently mute yourself.
- Your audio is currently connecting via Computer mode (mic and speakers).
- You are unmuted (and connected via Computer mode).
- You are muted (and connected via Computer mode).
- You are currently set to Phone mode, but you have not yet entered your Audio PIN.
- You are unmuted (and connected via Phone mode).
- You are muted (and connected via Phone mode).