Can I record content without running a webinar?
Organizers can record the content of their main screen with audio and webcam without running a full webinar!
The Content Recorder doesn't require any scheduling in advance or a live webinar event. Just select "Record Screen", and you can have a recording ready to be shared with others, uploaded to GoTo Stage, or even used as a Simulated Live webinar in no time!
How does it work?
- Record screen. You can start and pause the recording at any time.
- Convert recordings. After each recording, a temporary recording file is saved to the specified location in your Preferences. You must then convert the recording into a downloadable format (.WMV or .MP4).
- Upload recordings. Before sharing, you must upload the recording to the My Recordings page.
- Share recordings. You can share the recording by copying the video URL or by adding to your Channel and GoTo Stage. You also have options play, download, and delete the recording.
Start recording content
You can begin recording your screen at any time.
- Right-click the Daisy icon in the system tray and select Record Screen.
- A "GoTo Webinar Record" window will launch. Once fully loaded, you will see a 3 second countdown and recording will automatically begin.
Note: Make sure the content you want is up and ready to go before starting the recording.
- Manage your content and audio with the Grab Tab on the top of the screen.
- (a) pause or stop recording
- (b) mute or unmute audio
- (c) share or pause webcam sharing
- (d) share or pause screen sharing
- (e) open Preferences window
- (f) end the recording
- Once you end the recording, the My Recordings page will launch and the session will automatically be uploaded. If you're recording locally, a temporary recording file will be saved to the specified location in your Preferences. You can then convert the recording into a downloadable format (.WMV or .MP4) and upload onto your My Recordings page.