Can I broadcast my computer audio to webinar participants?
While GoTo Webinar is designed to efficiently broadcast voice audio over telephone or VoIP, there may be times when you wish to broadcast audio during a live event. In this section you will find audio configuration instructions that should allow you to transmit both your voice and audio from your computer. Due to some sound card limitations, these procedures may not work with every system.
Configure Windows XP to broadcast audio
Note: Not all computers have a Stereo Mix option. Depending on your sound card, it may be called something else (like "What U Hear" on some Soundblaster cards) or may be absent entirely. You cannot use your microphone when switching via software.
- Double-click the volume icon in the system tray (usually bottom-right of your desktop).
- Select .
- nder Adjust Volume, choose Recording.
- Ensure "Stereo Mix" is checked.
- Click OK.
- On the Recording Control screen, select the check box under Stereo Mix.
These are the parts you need:
- Two (2) 3.5 mm audio splitters (1 male, 2 female)
- One (1) 3.5 mm audio patch cable (2 male ends, typically 3 " long)
Configure your system to broadcast with hardware
Note: You may use your microphone and speakers simultaneously.
- Plug 1 splitter into your line out port (for speakers, typically colored green).
- Plug the other splitter into your microphone port (typically pink).
- Plug the patch gable into the splitter on line out and then into the splitter on microphone.
- Plug your microphone into the microphone splitter, and then plug your speakers into the line out splitter.