Share Your Webcam (Desktop App)
You can use high-definition video conferencing to meet face-to-face with your other session participants. Up to 6 different webcams can be shared during a session! All you need is an internet connection and a webcam to begin enjoying a telepresence-quality experience.
Below you'll find information on managing your own webcam.
- Before you start sharing your webcam, go to Preferences > Webcam to see a preview.
There are multiple places on the Control Panel and Grab Tab where you can turn on your webcam, as follows:
- In the Attendees pane, right-click your name and select Share My Webcam or click the Webcam icon next to your name.
When you pause webcam sharing, other attendees will still see the webcam box with your name, but the screen will be blacked out until you resume sharing. This does not free up a webcam spot (e.g., if all 6 webcam spots are filled, another attendee will not be able to start sharing their webcam).
- Hover over the Webcam button at the top of the Control Panel, then click the Pause button . Click the Play button to restart sharing.
- Click the Pause icon at the top of your webcam box in the Viewer. Click the Play icon to restart sharing.
When you stop webcam sharing, your webcam box will disappear and the webcam spot will be freed for another attendee to share their own webcam. You can do so in any of the following places:
- In the Grab Tab, click the green Webcam icon so that it turns gray.
- In the Webcam pane, click the Stop Sharing My Webcam button or click the Webcams drop-down menu and select Stop Sharing My Webcam.
- In the Attendees pane, right-click your name and select Stop Sharing My Webcam or click the Webcam icon next to your name.
- In the Viewer, click the Stop icon at the top of your webcam box in the Viewer.
- In the Viewer, click the Webcams drop-down menu and select Stop Sharing My Webcam.
Note: This feature is available to organizers and co-organizers only.
Send webcam requests to attendees in either of the following ways:
- In the Attendees pane, click the Webcam icon next to the attendee's name.
- In the Attendees pane, right-click an attendee's name and select Send Webcam Request from the drop-down menu.