How do I convert my session recordings? (Classic)
Learn how to convert your local recordings into a downloadable file using the Recording Manager. Converted recordings can then be uploaded to your recordings page for easy sharing with attendees.
- Open the Recording Manager by right-clicking the Daisy icon in the system tray (Windows) or toolbar (Mac), and then selecting .
Result: The recording may take some time to process and convert, depending on which recording media format you chose. If you didn't choose a location to save your recording to before the session started, the recording file is located in the My Documents folder by default.
- Under Recordings you need to convert, you will see any unconverted files listed (both the most recent session and any past sessions that were not yet converted). Use the check boxes to select the files that you want to convert.
Note: If you do not see the session recording you are looking for, simply locate it on your computer and move it to the specified recordings folder. It will then automatically appear in the "Recordings you need to convert" section.
- From the Choose a file format drop-down menu, select the desired format.
Note: If you are converting a recording that was made in 2012 or earlier, then you must use .WMV format (.MP4 will not work correctly).
- .MP4 (Windows and Mac): Can be played on most Windows, Mac and mobile devices
- .WMV (Windows only): Can be played on all Windows devices, as well as some Mac and mobile devices
- Select Convert Recording.
Result: The conversion process will begin for the selected files. The recording may take some time to process and convert, depending on the video content and length, CPU speed, chosen media format and the amount of available memory.