Working with Slack as an Agent
End-users and agents can both use the GoTo Resolve app in Slack to provide and receive ticket-based support.
What can you do in Slack?
You can do the following:
- View tickets - Have a quick look at the helpdesk tickets that you've created in Slack. To see your tickets, go to the Home tab of the GoTo Resolve Slack app.
- Use GoTo Resolve shortcuts - Click the plus sign under the chat field to open the shortcuts dialog. Type a slash ( / ) character to list the available shortcuts. You have the following options:
- Sign in to the Console (/sign-in) - Signs you in to the Console. You must sign in before you can assign a ticket to yourself or start a remote support session.
- Create ticket (/create-ticket) - Creates a helpdesk ticket. See How do I Create Tickets in Slack?
- Link a channel (/link-channel) - Configures the current channel to work with GoTo Resolve. When you have multiple companies added to GoTo Resolve, you can select which channel you want to associate with a specific company.
- Unlink account (/unlink-channel) - Removes the link between the current channel and the helpdesk service that you've configured for it. This means that agents will be unable to manage tickets in that Slack channel.
Important: From end-users' perspective, as long as the GoTo Resolve app (that is, the bot) is added to another channel, they will still be able to create tickets - on another helpdesk service.
- Unlink all configured channels (/unlink-account) - Makes all configured channels unavailable for creating tickets in GoTo Resolve.
Important: You will not be able to update or edit tickets that were previously created in Slack.
- View help (/help) - Provides links to our help site.
What can you do after you receive a ticket?
- Assign To Me - Agents can assign a ticket to themselves.
- Add Comment - Agents can add a comment to the ticket. These comments are visible to other agents and the end-user as well.
- Start remote session - Agents can start a support session with the end-user. See How do I Start a Support Session from a Ticket in Slack?
- See less - Hides the agent's options.