How do I Set up Slack to Work with GoTo Resolve?
Employees can easily submit, review, and follow-up on tickets, while agents can receive, manage and comment on tickets directly from Slack. Then move from request to resolution with the ability to start a remote support session right from Slack, eliminating headaches and delays in solving issues.
- Get the GoTo Resolve app.
Alternatively, you can search for GoTo Resolve in Slack App Directory.
- Click Allow.
- Click Open Slack in the pop-up message.
You are redirected to the GoTo Resolve app in Slack.
- Type /sign-in to sign in to your GoTo Resolve account.
- Create and configure a channel for your agents so that when an end-user creates a ticket, all agents in that channel will receive a Slack notification:
- In Slack, click on the left.
- Name your channel, for example as it-support-helpdesk and make it private.
- Select Create.
- Add agents to the channel.
- Type /Add apps to this channel and add the GoTo Resolve app to the channel.
- Type /link-channel to assign a helpdesk service to this Slack channel. From now on, when end-users create tickets in the selected helpdesk service, agents of your configured Slack channel will be automatically notified.
What can you do in Slack?
Type a slash ( / ) character to list the available shortcuts:
- Sign in to the Console (/sign-in) - Signs you in to the Console. You must sign in before you can assign a ticket to yourself or start a remote support session.
- Sign out from GoTo Resolve (/sign-out) - Signs you out from the Console.
- Create ticket (/create-ticket) - Creates a helpdesk ticket. See How do I Create Tickets in Slack?
- Link a channel (/link-channel) - Configures the current channel to work with GoTo Resolve. When you have multiple companies added to GoTo Resolve, you can select which channel you want to associate with a specific company.
- Unlink the current channel (/unlink-channel) - Removes the link between the current channel and the helpdesk service that you've configured for it. This means that agents will be unable to manage tickets in that Slack channel.
Important: From end-users' perspective, as long as the GoTo Resolve app (that is, the bot) is added to another channel, they will still be able to create tickets - on another helpdesk service.
- Unlink all configured channels (/unlink-all-channels) - Makes all configured channels unavailable for creating tickets in GoTo Resolve.
Important: You will not be able to update or edit tickets that were previously created in Slack.
- View help (/help) - Provides links to our help site.