How do I Create Tickets in Slack?
Both end-users and agents can create tickets about issues that require assistance from an agent.
Remember: This feature is not available with a Free subscription. Check out which subscription you need to get the most of GoTo Resolve.
- In Slack, do one of the following:
- Go to the channel where you want to create a ticket
- Open the GoTo Resolve app and go to the Messages tab
- Click the plus sign under the chat field to open the shortcuts dialog.
Type a slash ( / ) character to list the available shortcuts.
- Type /create-ticket and press Enter.
The Create Ticket window appears.
- Fill in the details of your ticket:
- Provide a brief summary of the issue that you have
- Optionally, include additional details that may help resolve your issue
- Set the priority of your issue
- From the Helpdesk Service drop-down list, choose the support channel that is most relevant to your issue
- Create your ticket.
After creating a ticket end-users have the following experience:
Results: The ticket is channeled to the agents of the selected helpdesk service. When alerts are configured, the relevant agents working in Slack receive a notification of the new ticket.
What to do next: Here's what you can do after you create a ticket:
- Add comment - Add a comment to the ticket.
- Close ticket - Closes the ticket. You can still edit the details of the ticket later on.
- Edit ticket - You can edit the summary and priority of a ticket as well as add more details about the issue.
Tip: You can set up alerts when a ticket is created or modified. See How do I Set up Email Notifications in GoTo Resolve?
Article last updated: 11 November, 2022