Manually Add Users to Your Account in the GoTo Admin Center (classic)
Most account admins add users via the GoTo Admin Center (classic), either individually or by uploading a list for a batch import of users.
However, for admins managing an organization with a high number of users and/or user turnover, we recommend using automated provisioning instead.
Need to add Organization users? Refer to Manage Organization Users.
- Sign in to the GoTo Admin Center (classic) at https://admin.logmeininc.com.
- Select Add Users in the navigation menu.
- Enter the user's name and email address. If desired, select Add Another User and repeat. Alternatively, you can add multiple users by selecting Add Multiple Users and pasting your list of users in the following format:
Example: firstName lastName emailName@domain.extension;firstName...Note: A user’s first name and last name cannot exceed 32 characters. An email address cannot exceed 128 characters.
- Select a product(s) for your user(s).
- Select the user's role from the following:
- Member – A user with no GoTo Admin Center (classic) access
- Manager – A user with GoTo Admin Center (classic) access and management of select permissions and/or user groups (click the hyperlink next to Permissions or Managed Groups, then check the box(es) to select your desired permissions or user groups and click Apply.
Important: If no user groups are selected, the manager can manage the selected permissions for all users in the account.
- Admin – A manager with all permissions except to manage other admins
- Super Admin – An admin with all permissions, including managing other admins
- In the User Details section, select the following options for your user(s):
- Welcome email template
- Primary language
Note: An active user can change their own default language settings at any time.
- User group
- Settings template
- Select Save.
Result: In most cases, the welcome email invitation is now sent to the user, which contains a link to allow the user to create their password and sign in to their account. However, if the user you added already has a user profile (often from an expired account or a different product), the user will be sent an invitation to transfer their license to your account. The user can choose to accept or decline the account transfer. If a user accepts, any session history, upcoming scheduled sessions, and recordings they may have will transfer to the new account. If the user declines, they will be displayed in your account with a “Suspended” status, and you will recover the license that was attempted to be allocated to that user who declined your invitation.