What's new in GoTo Meeting?
Keep track of what's going on with GoTo Meeting and learn about our newest features and changes.
Classic GoTo Admin Center (v5.44.0) – February 27, 2023
- Miro Whiteboard Sharing.Admins can now configure the "Share Miro whiteboards" feature in User Settings to choose between allowing organizers and/or users to share Miro whiteboards
Note: By default, this setting will be disabled. Account admins will need to enable this setting to allow organizers and users access.
- Removal of GoToMeeting setting. The GoToMeeting Hub setting has been removed as the older GoToMeeting experience has been retired.
GoToMeeting iOS and Android apps – October 31, 2022
- "App is being replaced" Message — It's time to switch to the new GoTo mobile app! Starting January 1, 2023, the GoToMeeting iOS and Android apps will no longer be supported. To enjoy new feature updates and improvements, switch to the GoTo mobile app.
Web App – October 13, 2022
- Share Up to 50 Cameras during the Session — Up to 50 cameras can be shared during the meeting on the web. If there are more than 25 cameras being shared, we recommend switching to or mode.
Note: The classic GoTo Meeting desktop app is still limited to 25 cameras. If you'd like access to 50 cameras, switch to the new experience or start your meeting from the web.
Classic GoTo Admin Center (v5.42.14) – October 12, 2022
- Fixed an issue in which "New Virtual Backgrounds" was not selectable under Show Features drop-down list under Manage Users for GoTo Meeting.
Web App – September 29, 2022
- View Solutions when Computer is Low on Resources — Users are prompted to disable cameras when the GoTo app detects low bandwidth or low processing issues.
Web App – September 22, 2022
- Test Your Microphone — You can test your microphone by speaking into the mic and checking the volume meter.
Web App – September 14, 2022
- Take Notes during the Meeting — Organizers can take notes during the meeting (without recording the session) and view them afterwards.
Note: Only the scheduling organizer can take notes.
Web App – September 5, 2022
- Mirror Your Video — You can disable the "Mirror your video" setting to view an un-mirrored image of your video.
Classic GoTo Admin Center (v5.42.12) – August 22, 2022
- Fixed an issue in which some User Settings were unable to be changed.
Classic GoTo Admin Center (v5.42.11) – August 18, 2022
- New GoTo experience setting.Admins can choose how they want to transition their users to the new GoTo app. The settings in the GoTo Admin Center (classic) have been updated to the following:
- Required – Organizers will automatically use the GoTo app for future meetings. They will not be able to opt out from the GoTo Meeting Hub. You can choose to send users the app download link manually (by copying and pasting the download link) or automatically via email.
- Enabled by default – Organizers will automatically use the GoTo app for future meetings. This option is not yet available. You can choose to send users the app download link manually (by copying and pasting the download link) or automatically via email.
- Disabled by default – Organizers will need to download the new GoTo app and enable it from the Hub.
- Fully disabled – Organizers cannot download and use the GoTo app.
- Fixed an issue in which User Sync roles were not displaying correctly.
- Fixed an issue in which a users were blocked from uploading a custom GoTo Room background image.
Web App – July 26, 2022
- Access Camera-Sharing Menu — Users can select Camera to automatically share their default webcam device or select the drop-down menu to access other camera options.
- Updated zoom controls (zoom in, fit window, and zoom out options)
- Take screenshot icon has been moved above the zoom controls
- Meetings details in the top toolbar can be copied to clipboard
- Virtual background is collapsed by default on the Camera preview screen
- The Camera previewscreen includes a link to explain why some sessions cannot skip the preview
- Organizers are displayed first in the webcam tiles
- Users are shown steps to troubleshoot their camera and audio from the Settings pane
- ChromaCam has been updated to v3.1.0 which includes 360p input
Hub – June 12, 2022
- Improvements to Session Recordings
- Caption settings have been consolidated to the CC icon.
- Playback rates are available.
- Cosmetic improvements have been made.
Hub – May 12, 2022
- Download In-Session Chats as a .DOC File — Organizers can download in-session chat transcripts of a recorded meeting as a .DOC file.
Classic GoTo Admin Center (v5.42.5) – April 29, 2022
- New GoTo experience. Admins can now enable the new GoTo experience through product templates.
Desktop app (v10.19.0, b19950) – April 25, 2022
GoToRoom – April 22, 2022
- Make and Receive Calls from GoToRoom — Users can make and receive phone calls from a GoToRoom device.
Audio – March 10, 2022
- Dial in and Call Me audio options have been removed for Russia and Belarus
Web App – March 7, 2022
Android App (v4.8.1) – February 25, 2022
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the app crashed when users started a meeting before the "Discover" message was shown
Cloud recordings - February 11, 2022
- FullHD (1080P) Camera Support — 1080p cameras shared during meetings are captured and shown in the cloud recording.
Android App (v4.8.0) – February 10, 2022
iOS App (v7.16.1) – February 10, 2022
LogMeIn is now GoTo – February 2, 2022
We've relaunched our brand with a fresh look and feel! But don't worry – you'll still find everything in its usual place. Learn more.
Meeting URLs - February 2, 2022
Google Calendar Add-On – December 13, 2021
- Ability to Add New Meeting Rooms — Users can add existing meeting rooms and create new meeting rooms within the add-on.
- Ability to Edit Meeting Details — Users can edit audio settings, add co-organizers, and require a meeting password from within the add-on.
Desktop app (v10.18.0, b19932) – November 22, 2021
- Support for Windows 11 — Users running Windows 11 can install the desktop app to start and join sessions. Learn more about the system requirements.
- Support for macOS 12 Monterey — Users running macOS 12 Monterey can install the desktop app to start and join sessions! Running the new OS will prompt you to allow screen recording when you share a screen or take a screenshot in GoToMeeting. If you deny and wish to give permission at a later time, you can do so in your computer's Security & Privacy preferences and restart the app. Learn more about the system requirements.
- Fixed an intermittent Windows issue where presenters could not share their full screen
- Join screen no longer shows "gotomeet.me" when typing in personal room names
- Users can discover and try the new GoTo from the GoToMeeting Suite
- Typo fix
Web App – September 28, 2021
- Ability to React — If you host or join sessions from the browser, you can use reactions to quickly participate without speaking.
Web App – September 15, 2021
- Ability to Pin a Participant's Camera — You can pin a participant's camera to be enlarged on your screen.
Profile Management Portal (v1.15.5) & Login Service – September 17, 2021
- Support for Multifactor Authentication
- Users now have the ability to set up multifactor authentication as an added layer of security when signing in to their GoTo account. Users can begin the enrollment process and manage their paired mobile devices within the "Enhanced Security" section on the Sign In & Security page at https://profile.logmeininc.com/signin-security. Once set up, the user will be prompted to enter a code from their authenticator app in order to access their GoTo product account going forward.
Note: If a user pairs their mobile device but disables the Enhanced Security setting, the user may still be prompted to verify their login via the paired multifactor authentication device (which is done via email verification when no device is paired) for security purposes when they sign in to their account.
Previously, multifactor authentication was only supported for GoToAssist Remote Support (v4 and v5) users. These existing users (who have already paired a mobile device with their account) will not be impacted by these changes, and their paired mobile devices will automatically be recognized and listed within the Sign In & Security page, now under the "Enhanced Security" section. However, those GoToAssist Remote Support users will still need to enable the Enhanced Security setting, which will improve their login security by leveraging multiple factor and risk-based scores.
Classic GoTo Admin Center (v5.37.0) – August 27, 2021
- New & Refreshed User Roles
The user roles in the
GoTo Admin Center (classic) have been updated (within the User Details page, per user and on the Add Users page) to the following:
- (New!) Member – An end user with no GoTo Admin Center (classic) access (this role is newly listed but was previously applied when the "Administrator for this account" setting was disabled).
- Manager – A user with GoTo Admin Center (classic) access and selected permissions and specific groups. If no groups are selected, the manager can manage the selected permissions for all users in the account.
- Admin – A manager with all permissions except to manage other admins.
- Super Admin – An admin with all permissions, including managing other admins (this role has been renamed, and previously applied when the "Full access to all account privileges" setting was enabled).
- All permissions available for the Manager role remain unchanged (e.g., Add and Delete Users, Manage Products, etc.).
- Support for Multiple Subgroups and Assignments
The user groups in the
GoTo Admin Center (classic) now support assigning multiple subgroup levels (e.g., Group > Subgroup 1, Subgroup 2, Subgroup 3, etc.), and those subgroups can be assigned to either another subgroup or a parent group (e.g., Subgroup 3 can be assigned to Subgroup 2, Subgroup 1, or Group). Additionally, a tooltip will display the full list of group/subgroup(s) on both the User Details and Manage Users pages if the name of the group/subgroup exceeds the character limit.
Note: Each parent group and/or subgroup name must be unique.
- Previously, only a single subgroup could be created (e.g., Group > Subgroup), and each subgroup could only be assigned to a parent group (i.e., subgroups could not be assigned to other subgroups).
- If a user – who is already assigned to groups/subgroup(s) – has their user group assignment changed within User Details, the user will become unassigned from all existing groups/subgroup(s) and only assigned to the updated group/subgroup(s).
Web App – August 12, 2021
- Text updates to "Waiting to join" to prevent truncation
- Breakout rooms now show how much time has lapsed since starting
- Fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge users couldn't share their screen after canceling the first time
- Fixed an issue where users without microphone and speaker devices get stuck in the pre-session audio screen
- Fixed an issue where the shared screen tile was small for attendees
- Fixed an intermittent issue where presenters lost screen and camera sharing
- Cosmetic fixes for icons
Desktop App (v10.17.0, b19796) – July 1, 2021
Download now on Windows or Mac!
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the Windows app crashed when users joined a session
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the Windows app crashed when users shared webcams using a 3rd party service
- Fixed an issue where Mac GoTo App users were able to chat attendees even though the list was hidden from participants
- Fixed an issue where GoTo App users were able to copy attendee's email addresses even though the list was hidden from participants
- Fixed an issue where Mac users were not prompted with the "New hardware detected" message when going through pre-session audio and webcam preview
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the Mac app crashed if users selected My Meetings in the taskbar
- Fixed an issue where the Windows app showed attendees email addresses even though the list was hidden (old GoToMeeting)
Desktop App (v10.16.0, b19598) – April 26, 2021
Download now on Windows or Mac!
- Desktop Notifications No Longer Supported — Desktop notifications (for app upgrades, discounts, product information and news) is no longer supported. Stay up to date with the latest versions on this article.
- The new GoTo Meeting was updated with the ability to zoom in and out of the Windows Viewer using the mouse scroll and pad, localization fixes, and anonymous attendee names in the Viewer when the organizer hides the attendee list
- Fixed an issue where the webcam preview would intermittently disappear after starting and stopping webcam sharing
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the app crashed on Macs
- Fixed an issue where users on a 13" MacBook display saw a truncated Control Panel (Old GoTo Meeting)
- Fixed an issue where the Mac organizer chat drop-down switched to "Everyone" when the former selected attendee left the meeting
- Fixed an intermittent issue where a promoted organizer couldn't share their webcam
- Fixed an issue where the Windows "You've shared keyboard & mouse control" dialog opened multiple tabs with the support article
- Fixed an issue where the "You've shared keyboard & mouse control" dialog didn't open for Mac users
- Fixed an intermittent issue where users experienced app latency due to CPU overload
- Fixed an intermittent issue where users could not join a meeting due to webcam hardware plugin
- Fixed an issue where users received chat notifications while on the Chat pane
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the app crashed due to webcam hardware plugin
- Fixed an issue where the "Send webcam request" was not scaled properly on 4K monitors
- Fixed an issue where GoTo Meeting did not accept umlauts when joining meetings
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the Mac app crashed when exiting full screen mode
- Desktop app presenters cannot send a keyboard & mouse control request to users joined from the web
- The Attendee list is not sorted alphabetically (Old GoTo Meeting)
- Windows in-session editing experience (e.g., Chat pane) matches Mac's
- Updated copyright to 2021
Active Directory Connector (v22.214.171.1247) – March 10, 2021
- Updated the text for "Jive PBX Extension" to "GoToConnect PBX Extension" in the Edit attribute mapping configuration window.
- Fixed an issue in which the user was not able to resize the Active Directory Connector window.
Web App – February 9, 2021
- Join Video First — Users are now prompted to join the meeting with their audio and camera enabled in one click. This simplifies the join experience and increases collaboration through camera. Before starting the meeting, users are prompted to check and confirm their appearance, name, and audio status. Any settings updated in this screen will be carried over in the session.
- Ability to View Raised Hand Queue — Users can view the order of hands that were raised (up to 5 hands).
Web App – January 18, 2021
- Ability to Raise Your Hand — Users can raise their hand to grab the organizer's attention or as a quick polling option.
Classic GoTo Admin Center (v5.29.0) – January 15, 2021
- All references to the following texts have been updated throughout the GoTo Admin Center (classic):
- Seats has been changed to Products on the Manage Users page (for both the Filter category when filtering users and when assigning products to a bulk set of users), updating a user's account role , and within error messages.
- Suppress email notification has been changed to Do not notify users about this change on the Edit User page when a user's product access and/or role has changed
- Logged in and loggedout have been updated to signed in and signed out on the Two-Factor Authentication pane in Admin Settings
- Added feature description to the Custom Field pane in Admin Settings. Learn more about managing custom fields.
- Updated User Status feature so that accurate messaging with further instruction is reflected within their status on both the Manage Users and User Details pages.
- Fixed issue in which the "Status" tooltip window was displayed as transparent on the Manage Users page.
- Fixed issue in which the Custom URL radio button can be selected within the Personal Meeting Room pane in Admin Settings.
- Fixed issue in which the account name value was missing in user invitation emails.