What's New in the LogMeIn Admin Center?
Profile Management Portal (v1.15.5) & Login Service – September 17, 2021
- Support for Multifactor Authentication
- Users now have the ability to set up multifactor authentication as an added layer of security when signing in to their LogMeIn account. Users can begin the enrollment process and manage their paired mobile devices within the "Enhanced Security" section on the Sign In & Security page at https://profile.logmeininc.com/signin-security. Once set up, the user will be prompted to enter a code from their authenticator app in order to access their LogMeIn account going forward.
Note: If a user pairs their mobile device but disables the Enhanced Security setting, the user may still be prompted to verify their login via the paired multifactor authentication device (which is done via email verification when no device is paired) for security purposes when they sign in to their account.
Previously, multifactor authentication was only supported for GoToAssist Remote Support (v4 and v5) users. These existing users (who have already paired a mobile device with their account) will not be impacted by these changes, and their paired mobile devices will automatically be recognized and listed within the Sign In & Security page, now under the "Enhanced Security" section. However, those GoToAssist Remote Support users will still need to enable the Enhanced Security setting, which will improve their login security by leveraging multiple factor and risk-based scores.
LogMeIn Admin Center (v5.37.0) – August 27, 2021
- New & Refreshed User Roles
The user roles in the LogMeIn Admin Center have been updated (within the User Details page, per user and on the Add Users page) to the following:
- (New!) Member – An end user with no Admin Center access (this role is newly listed but was previously applied when the "Administrator for this account" setting was disabled).
- Manager – A user with Admin Center access and selected permissions and specific groups. If no groups are selected, the manager can manage the selected permissions for all users in the account.
- Admin – A manager with all permissions except to manage other admins.
- Super Admin – An admin with all permissions, including managing other admins (this role has been renamed, and previously applied when the "Full access to all account privileges" setting was enabled).
- All permissions available for the Manager role remain unchanged (e.g., Add and Delete Users, Manage Products, etc.).
- Support for Multiple Subgroups and Assignments
The user groups in the
LogMeIn Admin Center now support assigning multiple subgroup levels (e.g., Group > Subgroup 1, Subgroup 2, Subgroup 3, etc.), and those subgroups can be assigned to either another subgroup or a parent group (e.g., Subgroup 3 can be assigned to Subgroup 2, Subgroup 1, or Group). Additionally, a tooltip will display the full list of group/subgroup(s) on both the User Details and Manage Users pages if the name of the group/subgroup exceeds the character limit.
Note: Each parent group and/or subgroup name must be unique.
- Previously, only a single subgroup could be created (e.g., Group > Subgroup), and each subgroup could only be assigned to a parent group (i.e., subgroups could not be assigned to other subgroups).
- If a user – who is already assigned to groups/subgroup(s) – has their user group assignment changed within User Details, the user will become unassigned from all existing groups/subgroup(s) and only assigned to the updated group/subgroup(s).
LogMeIn Admin Center (v5.33.0) – June 02, 2021
- New Feature Setting for Using the GoTo Application
- Admins whose accounts have opted-in to the Early Access Program can choose to enable/disable the new feature setting for "New GoTo single application experience", which can be enabled per individual user and/or user group. Learn more about the GoTo Application Early Access Program.
Active Directory Connector (v126.96.36.1997) – March 10, 2021
- Updated the text for "Jive PBX Extension" to "GoToConnect PBX Extension" in the Edit attribute mapping configuration window.
- Fixed an issue in which the user was not able to resize the Active Directory Connector window.
LogMeIn Admin Center (v5.29.0) – January 15, 2021
- All references to the following texts have been updated throughout the Admin Center:
- Seats has been changed to Products on the Manage Users page (for both the Filter category when filtering users and when assigning products to a bulk set of users), updating a user's account role , and within error messages.
- Suppress email notification has been changed to Do not notify users about this change on the Edit User page when a user's product access and/or role has changed
- Logged in and loggedout have been updated to signed in and signed out on the Two-Factor Authentication pane in Admin Settings
- Added feature description to the Custom Field pane in Admin Settings. Learn more about managing custom fields.
- Updated User Status feature so that accurate messaging with further instruction is reflected within their status on both the Manage Users and User Details pages.
- Fixed issue in which the "Status" tooltip window was displayed as transparent on the Manage Users page.
- Fixed issue in which the Custom URL radio button can be selected within the Personal Meeting Room pane in Admin Settings.
- Fixed issue in which the account name value was missing in user invitation emails.
LogMeIn Admin Center (v5.28.0) – November 16, 2020
- Updates to "Invite User" Flow
- Admins can now invite users that have an active profile in another account, and those users can choose to accept or decline the invitation. If accepted, their user profile will move to the new account, along with their session history, upcoming scheduled sessions, and recordings. If users do not take action, admins can resend the invitation or delete them. Previously, users (whose profiles already existed in our system) were required to contact Customer Care in order to transfer to a new account.
- Updates to Product Logos for User Statuses
Admins can now easily recognize users who have been invited to join their account but have not yet activated their account by the hollow product logos () displayed for the user under the Product status column on the Manage Users page. Alternatively, when the user joins the admin's account, their product logos are filled in (). Previously, the product logos were filled regardless of status. View more information about changing user statuses.
- The "Delete Users" window includes more details on how to retain user data if needed.
All references to the following texts have been updated throughout the Admin Center:
- Suppress email notification has been changed to Do not notify users about this change when a user's product access and/or role has changed
- Invited has been changed to Invite sent under the user Status column
- Reinvite has been changed to Resend under the user Status column for re-sending the Welcome email invitation
LogMeIn Profile Management Portal Service – October 23, 2020
- Other Ways to Sign In – Support for LastPass and Apple Accounts
- Users now have the ability to connect their LastPass and/or Apple account to their LogMeIn product user account at https://profile.logmeininc.com/signin-security. Once connected, users can sign in to their LogMeIn product account instantly by selecting their connected account on the product sign in screen or on the My Account page at https://myaccount.logmeininc.com. Previously, users could only connect their Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, and/or Microsoft accounts.
Note: As before, if an account admin has enforced SAML SSO (Enterprise Sign-In) as the only sign-in method for all users on the account, those users will not be presented with any additional sign-in options.
LogMeIn Admin Center (v5.27.0) – October 20, 2020
- Manage Report Access for Agents
Account admins can now
configure the "Access to recordings and reporting" pane in
Admin Settings to choose between allowing agents to access both session recordings and reporting for all users, or only allowing agents to access their own session recordings (which excludes reports). Previously, this account-wide setting could only be configured for session recordings, not reports.
Note: By default, admins are able to view all reports and session recordings for agents.
- Additionally, all existing accounts before this release will continue to be configured to allow all agents to access all recordings and reports, whereas all accounts created after this release will be configured to restrict agents to access only their own recordings and excludes access to reports. However, this account-wide restriction/allowance privilege can be changed for all users within the account's Admin Settings.
- Removal of New GoToMeeting settings
- The GoToMeeting Hub and New GoToMeeting design settings have been removed for some users who had it set to "Required". In this case, they can no longer revert back to the older GoToMeeting experience.
- Fixed issue in which scrolling through data displayed tables was not rendering properly when using Safari.
LogMeIn Admin Center (v5.26.0) – October 01, 2020
- Updated "Personal Logo" to "Custom Logo" within Admin Settings, which is shown during all meetings when no one is sharing their screen.
- Fixed issue that caused overlapping text when resizing the browser and GoToAssist Remote Support is listed among other products under the New User Settings Template pane.
LogMeIn Admin Center (v5.25.0) – September 30, 2020
- Updates to Content Sharing Settings
Account admins can configure content sharing settings for their user's cloud recordings. Settings include:
- Allowing organizers to download and delete meeting content
- Allowing users with the Share link to download meeting content
- New Email Templates Available to All Admins
- All account admins are now enabled to use the new Welcome and Assignment Change email templates, which were introduced to most accounts in a previous release. Admins can view and configure these new email templates within Admin Settings under Email Customizations.
LogMeIn Admin Center (v5.24.0) – August 12, 2020
- Ability to Change Account Name
- Account admins can change the account name of their LogMeIn product account within Admin Settings. Previously, account name changes could only be performed by Customer Care representatives.
- New Welcome and Assignment Change Email Templates
The Welcome email and Change email templates have a new look and feel! Note that any customizations made to the previous template will also be carried over to the new template.Note: This feature is being rolled out in a phased manner. This release enabled it as the default setting for most accounts (with the ability to opt-out, if desired), and made it available as an opt-in feature for other accounts – both of which can be configured within Admin Settings under Email Customizations. All new accounts will only see the new email templates and be unable to opt-out. A future release will make it the default setting for all accounts.
Admin Center (5.23.0) – July 23, 2020
- New Custom Background with ChromaCam Setting (GoToMeeting Only)
- Account admins can enable in-session custom webcam backgrounds for their organizers. This setting is enabled by default. Learn more about custom backgrounds.
- Fixed issue that caused inaccurate product entitlements in the user account when assigning conflicting products.
LogMeIn Admin Center (v5.21.0) – June 10, 2020
- Replaced generic messaging with appropriate detailed messaging for when a new user could not be added because their email address is already in use. Learn how to fix this.
- Updated messaging for COVID-19 Remote Work Kits to inform admins that these kits are available until June 30, 2020. Learn more at www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote.
Admin Center (v5.17.0) Release Notes
Admin Center (v5.16.0) Release Notes
Admin Center (v5.15.3) Web App
Admin Center (v5.15.1) Web App
- New! Admins can now suppress email notifications so users are not notified of product(s) and/or role changes made to their account
- Fixed: The "Need help?" widget now displays on all pages in the Admin Center
- Fixed: The GoToMeeting "Share Recordings" option has been removed from the Cloud Recordings Features pane as we have added security features on the organizer level
- Fixed: "Personal Logo" tooltip reminding users that the setting is only available in the previous version of GoToMeeting
- Fixed: Minor changes to support the Accept Payments feature for all users (GoToWebinar only)
Admin Center (v5.14.0) Web App
- New! Debut of the in-product help widget within the Admin Center
- Improved: Updates to the default Welcome and Update email templates
Admin Center (v5.13.0) Web App
- New! "Accept Payments" setup (beta)
Admin Center (v5.12.0) Web App
- New! Invitation count for invited users
- New! "GoToMeeting Hub" and "New GoToMeeting Design" feature settings
- Improved: Assigned products for users in Activity report
- Improved: Enhancements to the Administrative Activity History
- Changed: Removal of OpenVoice Integrated
- Changed: Updates to toll-free numbers for China (OpenVoice only)
Admin Center (v5.11.0) Web App
- New! Health status monitoring for GoToRoom systems and Devices
- Improved: Enhancements to the Activity History
- Session recording access management for agents
- Removal of custom wallpaper upload permission for managers (GoToRoom only)
- Bug fixes and minor improvements
Admin Center (v5.8.0) Web App
- Organize GoToRoom systems from the Admin Center
- Redefined user statuses