What is Efficiency Mode?
Efficiency Mode helps you save valuable resources, such as your CPU, battery, and bandwidth, and mitigate potential performance issues while continuing to collaborate seamlessly from anywhere.
Restriction: This setting is only available for users on the GoTo desktop app or web browser.
A few important things to note when enabling Efficiency Mode:
- The media (webcam and screenshare) quality is adjusted to maintain a great user experience while also saving important resources so you will not be able to optimize for video with this setting on.
- The setting will be persistent on the same device for all future meetings across the various products you may have. If desired, simply disable the setting before joining your next session.
- The video may zoom in on your face depending on your hardware. For example, the MacBooks built-in cameras deliver 4:3 video on lower resolutions, despite the application requesting 16:9. This will be noticeable in the preview and you can disable Efficiency Mode before joining the meeting if desired.
There are a few ways that this setting can be enabled:
- Before joining a session — You can select Turn on efficiency mode under Performance.
- Once you've joined a session — You can select .
- If you see the load control banner during a session — You can select .