What is Call Me?
Call me is one of GoTo Meeting's phone audio option and is the easiest way for your and your attendees to join the audio conference of a session via telephone. It allows you to simply enter your phone number and wait for GoTo Meeting to call you. No access codes, no audio PIN – just answer the phone and press #!
|Canada||Greece||Mexico||Saudi Arabia||United Arab Emirates|
|Chile||Hong Kong||Netherlands||Singapore||United Kingdom|
|China||Hungary||New Zealand||South Africa||United States|
How it works
- Select Call me.
- Enter your phone number and select Join Session or if you are the organizer Start my session.
- When your phone rings, answer your phone and press #.
- Note that attendees will join muted. To unmute, press *6.
Use Call Me to connect (anyone)
For any meeting in which Call Me is enabled, all participants will see slightly different Audio options.
Are you looking to call others via telephone? Use Call Me to easily call and invite attendees to join the audio conference of the GoToMeeting session.
- Select the Settings icon then .
- Enter your phone number (including area code) in the text field. Use the Flag drop-down menu to select which country the phone number is in.
- Select Call me to continue and your telephone will ring within a few seconds. If the meeting hasn't started yet, then you will receive the call once the organizer begins it.
- Answer the phone, then follow the prompts to easily connect to the audio conference.
- Attendees will join muted. To unmute, press *6.
Enable or disable Call Me (organizers only)
- To enable/disable Call me in your default audio settings, sign in to your Settings page and use the "Call Me" checkbox in the Audio section. Note that when Call Me is enabled, all available countries are also enabled by default. To edit the countries you'd like to provide, click the drop-down menu and then Save.Learn more about editing your default audio settings.
- To enable/disable Call me for a specific meeting, use the "Call me" check box on the meeting's audio tab. Learn more about scheduling or editing meetings.
Call Me FAQs
How much does Call Me cost?
Call Me is included as a feature in Toll-Free Numbers & Call Me. Charges are billed on a per-minute, per-caller rate that is the same as your toll-free per-minute rate. This means that the charge to your GoToMeeting account is the same whether your attendees choose to dial in manually using a toll-free phone number or use Call Me to receive a phone call automatically.
Does my phone have to be in the available country?
The callback phone number that you wish to use must be a phone number in one of the available countries. However, the telephone itself does not need to be physically located within that country.
Can I use Call Me from the mobile apps when joining a meeting?
Yes. Call Me is available in the iOS app. If you are using an Android or do not want to use Call Me, you can use the "1-tap dial in" feature in which your phone automatically dials in to the audio conference. Organizers and attendees can use the "1-tap dial in" to connect as quickly as easily as those using Call Me.
However, keep in mind that if the organizer chooses to only enable Call Me for a particular meeting (i.e., they disable VoIP, Long distance and Toll-Free), Android attendees will need to have access to both a computer and a telephone in order to successfully join. They will not be able to connect to audio in a Call Me-only session if they join using the Android app at this time.
Can I host a meeting with Call Me as the only audio option?
Yes. However, keep in mind that if you choose to only enable Call Me for a meeting (i.e., you disable Computer audio, Long distance phone numbers and Toll-Free phone numbers), your attendees will need to have access to both a computer and a telephone in order to successfully join. They will not be able to connect to audio if they join using the mobile app because they will need to enter their callback number with a computer to join the meeting first.
Does Call Me show up in my reports?
Yes. You will see Call Me usage listed within the Toll-Free Usage Report.
Why don't I have Call Me?
- If you are an attendee trying to join a meeting and do not see Call Me as an option, then it is not part of the meeting organizer's account. You can use the alternative options listed in the audio info to connect to the meeting's audio conference.
- If you are an organizer trying to add Call Me as an option for your attendees and do not see it in your default audio settings, then your account administrator has not enabled it on your account. Please contact them to request having Call Me added and enabled.
- If you are an account admin trying to enable Call Me for your organizers and do not see it in the admin portal, then your account may not be eligible for Call Me (see System Requirements for more information). Please contact your billing admin to request an upgrade to a paid subscription plan with enhanced audio (Toll-Free Numbers & Call Me).