Web App Attendee Guide
You can join sessions online instead of using the desktop app or a mobile app.
The GoToMeeting Web App is a browser-based version of GoToMeeting that can be run entirely online! Unlike when hosting or joining sessions with the desktop app, the Web App does not require any downloads because it stays contained within your web browser. This can be especially beneficial for users who are having trouble installing the desktop app or are in locked-down environments that can't download software.
Note: Once you have switched to the desktop app, you will then use it to join subsequent sessions directly rather than first joining via the Web App. Please see Compare Join Methods for more information.
Join a session via the Web App
- Open a Google Chrome browser.
- Go to https://app.gotomeeting.com.
- Enter the Meeting ID, then click the arrow key.
- You'll be automatically launched into the Waiting Room or the live session!
- If you are the organizer, click start the meeting. Then log in when prompted.
Note: Feature availability will vary based on your browser (Google Chrome is recommended).
Web App features and tools
- Join instantly without going through a download or installation.
- Connect to the audio conference using your computer's mic and speakers or by dialing via phone.
- View shared webcams and share your own.
- View the presenter's shared screen, and share your own screen.
- Record the meeting with organizer roles
- Mute and unmute yourself, and see which attendees are speaking
- Send chat messages to other attendees (either privately or to everyone)
- Switch seamlessly to the desktop app if you want to use additional features and tools
Chat with other attendees
- Click the Chat icon in the upper toolbar.
- Use the "To" drop-down menu to select the recipients of your message (everyone, organizers only, presenters only or a specific attendee).
- Enter your message in the text field, then click Send.
Enable/disable "Who's talking" notifications
- Click the Settings icon in the top toolbar.
- In the General tab, enable or disable the Show who's talking box.
Change your displayed name and email address
- Click the Attendees icon in the toolbar.
- Click the More icon next to your name and select Edit name & email.
- Enter your desired name and email, then click OK.
Change the display language
- Click the Settings icon in the toolbar.
- In the General tab, use the "Select a Language" drop-down menu to select the desired language. Your changes will be applied immediately..
Switch to the desktop app
- Click the More icon in the top toolbar.
- Click Switch to desktop then Switch to desktop again to confirm. The GoToMeeting desktop app will launch.
View limitations of the Web App
- Attendees cannot take control of the presenter's mouse and keyboard.
- Attendees cannot use drawing tools.