How do I manage my attendees? (Desktop App)
Organizers can manage their attendees from the People pane or directly from the Viewer.
Mute and unmute attendees
- To mute or unmute a single attendee, click the Audio icon next to their name. Blue icons represent unmuted attendees, while orange icons represent attendees who have been muted by the organizer.
- To mute or unmute all attendees, click the Mute All or Unmute All icons at the top of the People pane.
- To help self-muted attendees unmute themselves,, you can send an "unmute request". To do so, right-click or click the Arrow icon next to the attendee's name and Send unmute request. This attendee will then see a "Do you want to unmute?" message, allowing them to choose to unmute or stay muted.
- You can only send this request to attendees joined on the desktop app or via the Web App.
- If an organizer attempts to unmute attendees who have muted themselves, the attendees will be prompted to be automatically unmuted or to remain muted.
Make an attendee Presenter
The presenter has the ability to share their screen with other attendees during a session. As an organizer, you can make another attendee the presenter at any time (which does not cause them to automatically become an organizer) or can "open" the meeting so that any participant can take the presenter role without permission. The Presenter will then be able to make anyone else a presenter after them.
See Change Presenter (Desktop App) for more information.
Make an attendee an organizer
Co-organizers are individuals who have access to the same organizer tools and features during a meetingthat you do, and can help you facilitate your sessions or even start it on your behalf. Organizers can either add co-organizers before a session or promote them to organizer during a session.
See Add Co-Organizers_(Desktop App) for more information.
Give an attendee keyboard and mouse control
When you are Presenter, you can grant other attendees shared control of your keyboard and mouse. This allows them to move the mouse about your shared screen and use their own keyboard to type on it, which can aid in collaboration. Of course, your mouse always has priority. You can always override another attendees' mouse movements to temporarily regain control without removing their access.
See Give Keyboard and Mouse Control (Desktop App) for more information.
Hide/Show Attendees and Chat panes from an attendee
If desired, you can hide the Attendee list and/or disable chat for some attendees (both are enabled by default). To do so, right-click their name in the Attendee pane and select Allow Attendee List and/or Allow Chat. A Checkmark icon will be displayed next to the selection when it is enabled, and will disappear when one or more panes are disabled.
Dismiss an attendee
You can remove an attendee from a session by dismissing them. They will then automatically leave the session and be notified that they were excused.
- In the People pane, right-click the desired attendee's name.
- Click Dismiss <attendee name>.
- Click Yes when prompted.