Using the Control Panel (Windows and Mac)
To get the most out of GoToMeeting, you can download and install the full-feature desktop software on your Windows and Mac computer. This allows you to access all of our great collaboration tools, including drawing tools, shared keyboard/mouse control and multi-monitor screen sharing.
When you start or join a session using the desktop app, the app's Control Panel provides you with access to all of the in-session features and tools that GoToMeeting offers!
Note: Please note that this article applies only to the GoToMeeting desktop app (which is the software downloaded onto your computer). If you joined using the no-download, browser-based Web App, you will see a toolbar on your screen instead of the desktop app Control Panel that is described here.
Downloading the desktop app is available on paid plans only. Learn more.
Are you seeing something different? Click here for help.
Topics in this article:
Features and tools
- Mute and Unmute Yourself – Mute and unmute your audio during the session if you are connected using built-in audio services.
(b) Share your screen, change presenter and give keyboard/mouse control
- Share Your Screen (Windows) – Share your desktop, an application or a document with attendees.
- Change Presenter (Desktop App) – Change presenters so that another participant can share their own screen.
- Give Keyboard and Mouse Control – Share keyboard and mouse control with other participants while you are sharing your screen. Note that attendees who joined using a method other than the desktop app (such as the Web App or mobile apps) will not be able to use this feature.
(c) Share your webcam
- Share Your Webcam (Desktop App) – Preview your webcam before sharing with others, then turn on your webcam to work face to face with attendees.
(d) Manage your audio mode
- Switch Audio Modes in Session – Switch between computer audio and dialing in via phone and access the Sound Check.
- Enable/Disable On-Hold Beeps and Entry Chimes – Manage the audio controls (e.g., on-hold beeps, entry/exit chimes).
(e) See the audience view
- See the Audience View – See a preview of what your attendees are seeing to make sure your presentation is on point!
(f) Manage attendees
- Manage Attendees (Desktop App) – View the names of all individuals participating in the session, as well as access mute controls and other options.
- Call and Invite Others to Join (Desktop App) – Invite attendees to join while you are in an active session.
- Add Co-Organizers – Make someone a co-organizer so that person can have full control over the session and/or continue running the session after you leave.
(g) Chat with others
- Send Chat Messages (Desktop App) – Exchange public or private Chat messages with the other session participants.
(h) Record the session
- Record a Session – Record the presenter's screen, audio and shared applications during a session, then upload and store the recording for people to view.
(i) Use Drawing tools (Windows only)
- Use Drawing Tools (Desktop App) – Use drawing tools to draw on your shared screen and better illustrate points. Note that attendees who joined using a method other than the desktop app (such as the Web App or mobile apps) will not be able to use this feature.
Switch between Control Panel and Grab Tab
Even when the Control panel is minimized into the Grab tab, the most critical features remain accessible with just one click: Mute, Share Screen and Share Camera.
- To shrink the Control Panel into the Grab Tab, click the Shrink icon in the left menu.
- To expand the Grab Tab into the Control Panel (e.g., show all panes), click the Expand icon .
Rearrange cameras and Presenter's screen in the Viewer (Windows only)
When a presenter is sharing their screen and at least one attendee is sharing their webcam, you can rearrange the windows within your Viewer so you can focus on what's important to you.
- You can use the sliding scale to enlarge the camera feeds or shared screen.
- You can click the Detach icon in the Viewer to split off the camera feed and the shared content.