How do I use the Control Panel?
The desktop app Control Panel provides you with access to all of the in-session features and tools that GoToMeeting offers.
Downloading the desktop app is available on paid plans only. Learn more.
Features and tools
- Mute and Unmute Yourself – Mute and unmute your audio during the session if you are connected using built-in audio services.
(b) Share your screen, change presenter and give keyboard/mouse control
- Share Your Screen – Share your desktop, an application or a document with attendees.
- Change Presenter – Change presenters so that another participant can share their own screen.
- Give Keyboard and Mouse Control – Share keyboard and mouse control with other participants while you are sharing your screen. Note that attendees who joined using a method other than the desktop app (such as the Web App or mobile apps) will not be able to use this feature.
(c) Share your webcam
- Share Your Webcam – Preview your webcam before sharing with others, then turn on your webcam to work face to face with attendees.
(d) Manage your audio mode
- Switch Audio Modes in Session – Switch between computer audio and dialing in via phone and access the Sound Check.
- Enable/Disable On-Hold Beeps and Entry Chimes – Manage the audio controls (e.g., on-hold beeps, entry/exit chimes).
(e) See the audience view
- See the Audience View – See a preview of what your attendees are seeing to make sure your presentation is on point!
(f) Manage attendees
- View and Manage Attendees – View the names of all individuals participating in the session, as well as access mute controls and other options.
- Invite Others – Invite attendees to join while you are in an active session.
- Add Co-Organizers – Make someone a co-organizer so that person can have full control over the session and/or continue running the session after you leave.
(g) Chat with others
- Send Chat Messages – Exchange public or private Chat messages with the other session participants.
(h) Record the session
- Record a Session – Record the presenter's screen, audio and shared applications during a session, then upload and store the recording for people to view.
(i) Use Drawing tools (Windows only)
Switch between Control Panel and Grab Tab
Even when the Control panel is minimized into the Grab tab, the most critical features remain accessible with just one click: Mute, Share Screen and Share Camera.
- To shrink the Control Panel into the Grab Tab, click the Shrink icon in the left menu.
- To expand the Grab Tab into the Control Panel (e.g., show all panes), click the Expand icon .