Using the Control Panel (Windows and Mac)
To get the most out of GoToMeeting, you can download and install the full-feature desktop software on your Windows and Mac computer. This allows you to access all of our great collaboration tools, including drawing tools, shared keyboard/mouse control and multi-monitor screen sharing.
When you start or join a session using the desktop app, the app's Control Panel provides you with access to all of the in-session features and tools that GoToMeeting offers!
Downloading the desktop app is available on paid plans only. Learn more.
Features and tools
- Mute and Unmute Yourself – Mute and unmute your audio during the session if you are connected using built-in audio services.
(b) Share your screen, change presenter and give keyboard/mouse control
- Share Your Screen – Share your desktop, an application or a document with attendees.
- Change Presenter – Change presenters so that another participant can share their own screen.
- Give Keyboard and Mouse Control – Share keyboard and mouse control with other participants while you are sharing your screen. Note that attendees who joined using a method other than the desktop app (such as the Web App or mobile apps) will not be able to use this feature.
(c) Share your webcam
- Share Your Webcam – Preview your webcam before sharing with others, then turn on your webcam to work face to face with attendees.
(d) Manage your audio mode
- Switch Audio Modes in Session – Switch between computer audio and dialing in via phone and access the Sound Check.
- Enable/Disable On-Hold Beeps and Entry Chimes – Manage the audio controls (e.g., on-hold beeps, entry/exit chimes).
(e) See the audience view
- See the Audience View – See a preview of what your attendees are seeing to make sure your presentation is on point!
(f) Manage attendees
- View and Manage Attendees – View the names of all individuals participating in the session, as well as access mute controls and other options.
- Invite Others – Invite attendees to join while you are in an active session.
- Add Co-Organizers – Make someone a co-organizer so that person can have full control over the session and/or continue running the session after you leave.
(g) Chat with others
- Send Chat Messages – Exchange public or private Chat messages with the other session participants.
(h) Record the session
- Record a Session – Record the presenter's screen, audio and shared applications during a session, then upload and store the recording for people to view.
(i) Use Drawing tools (Windows only)
Switch between Control Panel and Grab Tab
- To shrink the Control Panel into the Grab Tab, click the Shrink icon in the left menu.
- To expand the Grab Tab into the Control Panel (e.g., show all panes), click the Expand icon .