How do I use meeting transcriptions?
Meeting transcripts allows you to focus on your meeting, while GoToMeeting focuses on the note-taking.
The features that are available on your account may vary depending on your subscription plan.
Enable transcriptions (Admins only)
Don't see the setting? Check with your account administrator to make sure that both cloud recording and transcriptions are enabled.
- Log in to the Admin Center at https://admin.logmeininc.com.
- Select Manage Users or Manage User Groups in the left navigation.
- Locate and select your desired user or group.
- If enabling for a single user, click Edit in the Settings pane.
- If enabling for a user group, click the Settings icon to automatically select all included users.
- Make sure GoToMeeting is selected in the top navigation.
- Under "Features" and "Record Meetings", enable Cloud Recording and Transcription On.
Access and view transcriptions
- Log in at https://global.gotomeeting.com .
- Click the Meeting History tab.
- Locate the desired recording, and click View recording & transcript. This will open a page with both the interactive recording and written transcript.
- (a) Change recording view – Switch between recording and transcript view, recording only view, and transcript only view.
- (b) View meeting info – View meeting details including meeting title, date, duration, talk time, and attendees.
- (d) Manage the share link – Enable link sharing, specify shared meeting content, copy share link, and set expiration date on share links.
- (e) Download the recording– Download the recording as a .MP4 file.
- (f) Search for keywords – Search for keywords and key content using the Search bar.
- (g) Filter specific speakers – View the transcript of a specific participant.
- (h) Use auto scroll– Follow the transcripts as the recording plays.
- (i) Copy the transcript – Copy the full textual transcript by clicking the Copy icon next to the Search bar. Paste the copied text wherever.
- (j) Toggle speaker timeline – View a color-coordinated timeline of speakers.
- (k) View closed captioning – View subtitles while the recording plays.