How can I get more help with downloading GoToMeeting?
If you're having trouble downloading the GoToMeeting software, it can be due to a stuck process, application install issue, or driver conflict. See below for step-by-step download instructions and common troubleshooting tips.
Step-by-step GoToMeeting download instructions
Advanced troubleshooting tips
On occasion, GoToMeeting will fail to start when launching a session. This is most commonly due to a stuck process, application install issue, or driver conflict. See some advanced tips below.
- End any GoToMeeting processes running in the background (Windows only). If the download started but then froze, try force-quitting any GoToMeeting processes running in the background that might be slowing the download.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Windows Task Manager.
- Open the Processes tab.
- For all entries that begin with the letter "g2m", right-click them and click End Process.
- Try rejoining the session.
- Uninstall and reinstall GoToMeeting. If you've joined or hosted a session before, it's possible that the currently installed desktop app is causing conflict. Go through the steps for uninstalling, then try installing fresh! Learn how to Uninstall .
- Install via MSI. You might have better luck installing via MSI rather than going through the automatic download. The file available for download will include detailed instructions about installing via MSI. Learn how to Install via MSI (Windows).
- Reboot your computer. If all else fails, try the old standby – shut down and reboot your computer, then try joining again!