How do I use GoToMeeting on my Facebook Portal TV?
Facebook Portal TV users can download the GoToMeeting app to join meetings. You do not need a GoToMeeting account to download the app and join someone else's meeting.
This article addresses GoToMeeting on Facebook Portal TV. If you are on a Facebook Portal, see How do I use GoToMeeting on my Facebook Portal?.
Download GoToMeeting on the Facebook Portal TV
- On your Portal TV, select Portal Apps.
- Search for GoToMeeting.
- Select Get.
Join a meeting
- When you are invited to a meeting, take note of the 9-digit meeting ID or room name (e.g., https://global.GoToMeeting.com/join/123-456-789 or https://gotomeet.me/lizdavis.
- On your Portal TV, open the GoToMeeting app.
- Select Join a meeting.
- Enter the 9-digit meeting ID or room name found in step 1 and select Join.
- You'll be launched into the meeting as an attendee.
Do I need a GoToMeeting account to download GoToMeeting on Portal TV?
No, you do not need a GoToMeeting account to download and join someone else's meeting.
Do I need a Facebook account to use GoToMeeting on Portal?
Yes, in order to set up your Portal TV, you need to log in using your Facebook or WhatsApp account.
Can I host my own meetings on the Portal TV?
No, currently you can only join someone else's meeting on the Portal TV.
How is using Portal TV different from using my laptop?
GoToMeeting on Portal TV uses Portal's AI-powered Smart Camera and Smart Sounds to deliver an immersive video conferencing experience.
Is Facebook Portal supported?
Yes, see How do I use GoToMeeting on my Facebook Portal? for more information if you have a Facebook Portal.
Are there known limitations?
We currently do not support these features.
- Screen sharing from the Portal TV
- Phone call audio mode
- GoToRoom launcher
- "Hey Portal" commands
Can I record a meeting?
No, you cannot record a meeting from the Portal TV as you are joined as an attendee. However, the organizer of the meeting can record the session and share the recording with all attendees after the meeting.