How do I change my webcam background using ChromaCam in GoTo Meeting?
You can customize, replace, or blur your webcam background during meetings with ChromaCam, a third-party service! If you have a paid GoTo Meeting account, you can use your credentials to download and access ChromaCam Pro for free.
If you are an attendee joining someone else's meeting (i.e., you do not have your own GoTo Meeting account), you can download ChromaCam Lite for free.
Attention: We have a new GoTo app! This article covers the classic GoTo Meeting experience. View How do I change my webcam background using ChromaCam? for the new GoTo.
|OS||Windows 8, 10, 11 or macOS Mojave (10.14) or newer
Chromacam 22.214.171.124 and below fully support Windows 7
|Processor||Intel 6th gen i5 quad-core or higher processor running at 3.3GHz or higher|
|Memory||4GB + RAM|
|Webcam||Any RGB webcam (e.g., embedded computer webcam)|
Download ChromaCam Pro
Your GoTo Meeting account comes with ChromaCam Pro. If you do not see the "Custom background" setting, your admin may have disabled the feature. Please reach out to your account admin to enable it.
Note: You need admin rights to install ChromaCam. If you cannot install ChromaCam, please contact your IT admin.
- Sign in to your account at http://app.goto.com/meetings.
- Select the Settings icon in the left menu.
- Scroll and open Custom Background, then select Download ChromaCam.
- Go through the installation flow.
- To access ChromaCam Pro, sign in using your GoTo Meeting credentials and Allow GoTo to connect to ChromaCam.
- The next time you join or host a meeting, ChromaCam will be available as a webcam device.
Use ChromaCam during a meeting
We recommend testing your camera before the meeting to choose your preferred background or filter.
- Start or join a meeting.
- Select the Settings icon In the top menu.
- In the Webcam drop-down menu, select ChromaCam.
- Your webcam background will automatically blur.
Note: You can change the blur level in the settings, choose other filters or upload your own customized background.
- Select the Camera icon in GoTo Meeting to begin sharing.
What if my computer starts to lag?
If you are experiencing low bandwidth or the GoTo Meeting app lags, follow these best practices. Learn more tips and tricks or view ChromaCam's FAQs.
- If you are using the blur filter, lower the blurriness level or switch to another background.
- Close other applications in the background.
- Switch back to your standard camera.