GoToRoom with Dolby Voice Troubleshooting & FAQs
GoToRoom with Dolby Voice is an all-in-one hardware system that lets you set up a small to medium-sized conference room to be ready to join and host meetings in an instant. Below are some quick fixes for any issues you may encounter.
How much does GoToRoom with Dolby Voice cost?
The Dolby Voice kit costs $2,999. After that, the subscription fee is $29/month.
Do I need a GoToMeeting account to use GoToRoom with Dolby Voice?
No! Any user can sit down at a GoToRoom with Dolby Voice and host or join meetings. Any users who do happen to have their own GoToMeeting account will have the additional option of starting their own pre-scheduled meetings from the system.
What is the attendee limit for GoToRoom with Dolby Voice?
The attendee limit for your meeting will depend on the method with which you have launched the meeting.
If you started an instant "Meet now" session using the GoToRoom system's account, then up to 250 attendees can join your meeting.
- If you scheduled and started the meeting using your personal GoToMeeting organizer account, then your attendee limit will be the same as it is with your other meetings (i.e., it depends what subscription plan you are on). See What is the maximum number of people who can attend my session? for more info.
Can I share my screen using GoToRoom with Dolby Voice?
What is the return policy for GoToRoom?
We stand behind our products and services. Therefore, if GoToRoom is not performing as it should, we will do our due diligence to rectify the situation.
- Shipping issues – If your system is damaged during shipping or parts are missing, please contact Customer Support within 30 days of receiving it so that we can replace the missing or damaged parts.
- 1 year manufacturer's warranty – All hardware included with GoToRoom with Dolby Voice is covered by a 1 year warranty. If you encounter issues with your Dolby Voice Hub, Dolby Camera, or Dolby Conference Phone within the first year, please contact Customer Support for troubleshooting.
What happens if I cancel my GoToRoom subscription?
If you cancel your GoToRoom subscription, you will lose the conference room's GoToMeeting account along with the ability to start an instant "Meet Now" sessions.
What about the Dolby Voice hardware? You will keep the hardware and can continue to join other organizer's meetings or start your own if you have a GoToMeeting account.
Where can I find my device serial number?
The serial number of your GoToRoom with Dolby Voice can be found on the bottom of the Dolby Voice Hub or on the Settings screen. Tap the Settings icon and System.
What languages does GoToRoom with Dolby Voice support?
GoToRoom supports English, French, and German.
Can the Dolby Conference Phone be used a standalone telephone?
Yes, your IT admin needs to provision the Dolby Conference Phone to your existing phone system. If you're using Jive as your phone system, make sure a device profile has been created and the phone's MAC address has been assigned to the device profile.
All other admins can use the following instructions:
- Find the phone's IP address by tapping the Settings icon > Advanced Dolby Settings > the More icon > About > System > IP address.
- On your computer, open a browser and type in "https://" followed by the IP address.
- Accept the insecure certificate.
- Log in with the following credentials:
- Username: admin
- Default password: 1739
- Follow Section 5.6 of the Dolby Voice Room Administrator's Guide on how to finish provisioning the conference phone to work as a regular telephone.
For additional support, please contact your PBX provider.
Why don't I see the GoToMeeting Home screen?
If you aren't seeing the GoToMeeting Home screen, check the following:
- Is the display powered on?
- Is the Dolby Voice Hub powered on? If not, press the power button.
- Is the right input source selected on your display? Double-check which input (e.g., "HDMI 1") the Dolby Voice Hub is plugged into on the display, and then make sure that same input is selected as the source. Try using the Source button on your remote control to see and change input settings.
How can I schedule a meeting?
It is not possible to schedule a meeting from the GoToRoom with Dolby Voice system. Instead, you must schedule a meeting from your computer or mobile device using your personal GoToMeeting account. If you do not have a GoToMeeting account, no problem! Instead of schedule a meeting ahead of time, you can simply use the GoToRoom system to launch an instant "Meet Now" session and invite attendees on the fly. Learn more.
What's my meeting ID?
If you are trying to join someone else's meeting, the best way to get the 9-digit Meeting ID assigned to each session is to contact the organizer directly (we can’t give this info out for security reasons). Learn more.
If you are trying to find the meeting ID of your own meeting, you can do so as follows.
- Log in at https://global.gotomeeting.com.
- Click the Edit icon next to the desired meeting, then take note of the 9-digit meeting ID.
- On the Dolby Phone Confernce, tap Join in the left menu (the second tile) to enter the 9-digit meeting ID and Go.
- Tap start the meeting and enter your organizer credentials.
What's my username and password?
In order to start your meeting, you'll need your email address and password. If you are just joining a meeting, then you do not need any login information. See I forgot my password, Why am I being asked to sign in?, and Why didn't I get my "Reset Password" email?.
Why am I stuck on "Waiting for organizer to start the meeting"?
This means that you successfully joined the meeting but arrived before the organizer, so you are waiting for them to start the meeting. If you are the scheduling organizer, tap start the meeting and enter your GoToMeeting email address and password to launch it for everyone. Learn more.
Why haven't I received a meeting invitation email from the system?
It's possible that your company's servers might have blocked the invitation email due to security firewalls. Contact your company's IT department and ask them to whitelist our domain names so that they are not automatically blocked.
How do I change the GoToRoom system's display name?
The GoToRoom system uses the name found in the system settings. To change this name, tap the Settings icon on the Dolby Conference Phone and General.
Why can't anyone see my webcam feed?
Can't see yourself? Check the following:
- Is the Webcam icon in your toolbar glowing green? If it is gray, tap the Webcam icon on the Dolby Conference Phone to turn it on.
- If the Webcam icon is glowing green, check the room settings. In the Control Panel, tap the Webcam pane.
- If you can see your own webcam feed of the conference room in the Preview pane, try turning webcam sharing off and then on again.
- If you can't see your own webcam feed in the Preview pane, double-check that the webcam's USB cable is properly plugged into the Dolby Voice Camera and Dolby Voice Hub..
Why can't I hear anyone?
Can't hear anyone? Check the following:
- Is the volume turned up?
- Is the Dolby Conference Phone powered on?
- Is the USB cable connecting the Dolby Conference Phone and Dolby Voice Hub properly plugged in on both ends?
Why can't anyone hear me?
Having trouble being heard by others? Check the following:
- Are you muted in the Web App Control Panel? If the Mic icon is glowing red, tap it to unmute.
- Is the Dolby Conference Phone powered on?
- Is the audio device muted? If the Dolby Conference Phone shows a red light, press the Mic icon to unmute.
- Is the USB cable connecting the Dolby Conference Phone and the Dolby Voice Hub properly plugged in on both ends?
How do I avoid speaker feedback?
When you start a meeting from GoToRoom with Dolby Voice, the audio connection is instantly made. When in-room attendees join the session from a laptop, their speakers can cause loud feedback loop if they're connected via computer audio (VoIP). In-room attendees joining from a laptop are recommended to switch their audio mode to prevent feedback.
Why isn't my audio and webcam connecting automatically?
A network administrator may need to configure a firewall. See our Optimal Firewall Configuration page for the right domains.
What is TeamShare's bandwidth?
There is no bandwidth. TeamShare is not based on range or wifi. The devices simply need to be on the same network so any wired or Wi-Fi connection that is in the same local area network (same subnet with no firewall) will be able to use the special "gotorooom.me" link and share. Note that connection from the internet (Network address translation) or through a firewall is not supported.
Can two or more people try to share their screen at the same time?
No. Only one person can share their screen with the special "gotoroom.me" link. If a second presenter tries to share, they will see the right "Ready to Share" screen on their second device but the conference room screen will continue to show the first presentation.
Will the special Share link ever change?
Yes. The special "gotorrom.me/" link that is used for content sharing is updated every time it is used or every 24 hours.
Why can't I record the meeting?
If you are using the room license to host an instant "Meet Now" session, you cannot record the meeting. You can promote another attendee as a co-organizer to record on your behalf. If you'd like to record future sessions, please schedule a meeting using your own GoToMeeting account and join the session from the room.
What are the available camera modes?
There are 3 camera modes. To change or access these settings, tap the Settings icon, Advanced Dolby Settings then Dolby Voice Camera.
- Room – The Dolby Voice Camera has a 95 degree wide-angle lens and will display the conference room to attendees.
- People – The Dolby Voice Camera will reframe the scene and capture the active speaker while keeping everyone in view.
- Whiteboard – You can preset the room whiteboard and share during the meeting.