Feature Overview: Call Me
Call Me is one of GoToMeeting's phone audio options and is the easiest way for you and your attendees to join the audio conference of a GoToMeeting session via telephone. Powered by Toll-Free Numbers & Call Me, it is a customer favorite for participants who wish to connect via telephone because it allows you to simply enter your phone number and wait for the phone to ring. No access codes, no Audio PIN – just answer the phone and press #!
Call Me, along with toll-free phone numbers, are optional features for GoToMeeting that come included with Toll-Free Numbers & Call Me. There is no cost to enable either feature. Instead, charges are billed on a per-minute, per-caller rate that is the same for both services.
Topics in this article:
Call Me is supported for phones based in the following countries. No matter where a user is traveling, they can simply enter their phone number in a Call Me supported meeting and GoToMeeting will call them.
Note: Don't see your country? Don't worry! We'll continue to add more countries available for Call Me, which will be enabled for accounts in the same fashion.
|Bahrain||Germany||Malaysia||Saudi Arabia||United Arab Emirates|
|Brazil||Hong Kong||Netherlands||South Africa||United States|
- Select Phone and open the Call Me tab.
- Enter your phone number and click Call Me.
- When your phone rings, answer your phone and press #.
- Note that attendees will join muted. To unmute, press *6.
Are you seeing something different? Click here for help.
For any meeting in which Call Me is enabled, all participants will see slightly different Audio options. Are you looking to call others via telephone? Use Call Me to easily call and invite attendees to join the audio conference of the GoToMeeting session.
Note: Not all organizers choose to use the Call Me audio option, so if you do not see it in your audio settings then it is not available for your meeting.
- Click the Settings icon and Phone.
- Click the Call me tab.
- Enter your phone number (including area code) in the text field. Use the Flag drop-down menu to select which country the phone number is in.
- Click Call me to continue and your telephone will ring within a few seconds. If the meeting hasn't started yet, then you will receive the call once the organizer begins it.
- Answer the phone, then follow the prompts to easily connect to the audio conference.
- Attendees will join muted. To unmute, press *6.
Web App (Google Chrome only)
GoToMeeting App for iOS
As an organizer, you can choose whether Call Me is available as an option for you and your attendees in any given meeting. You can change your default audio settings for all future meetings, as well as the settings for any individual meeting. Keep in mind that if you choose to only enable Call Me for a particular meeting (i.e., you disable VoIP, Long distance and Toll-Free), your attendees will need to have access to both a computer and a telephone in order to successfully join. They will not be able to connect to audio in a Call Me-only session if they join using the mobile apps at this time.
Note: Call Me is part of GoToMeeting's enhanced audio. Not all accounts are eligible for or choose to use Call Me. If you do not see the options described below, please contact the billing administrator on your account to request having Call Me added and enabled. If you are the billing administrator and have already added Call Me to your account, learn how to enable your organizers.
- To enable/disable Call me in your default audio settings, log in to your Settings page and use the "Call Me" checkbox in the Audio section. Note that when Call Me is enabled, all available countries are also enabled by default. To edit the countries you'd like to provide, click the drop-down menu and then Save.Learn more about editing your default audio settings.
- To enable/disable Call me for a specific meeting, use the "Call me" check box on the meeting's audio tab. Learn more about scheduling or editing meetings.
How much does Call Me cost?
Call Me is included as a feature in Toll-Free Numbers & Call Me. Charges are billed on a per-minute, per-caller rate that is the same as your toll-free per-minute rate. This means that the charge to your GoToMeeting account is the same whether your attendees choose to dial in manually using a toll-free phone number or use Call Me to receive a phone call automatically.
Does my phone have to be in the available country?
The callback phone number that you wish to use must be a phone number in one of the available countries. However, the telephone itself does not need to be physically located within that country.
Can I use Call Me to call a mobile phone?
Yes. You can use Call Me to dial a mobile phone number. Are you looking to call others via telephone? Use Call Me to easily call and invite attendees to join the audio conference of the GoToMeeting session.
Can I use Call Me from the mobile apps when joining a meeting?
Yes. Call Me is available in the iOS app. If you are using an Android or do not want to use Call Me, you can use the "1-tap dial in" feature in which your phone automatically dials in to the audio conference. Organizers and attendees can use the "1-tap dial in" to connect as quickly as easily as those using Call Me.
However, keep in mind that if the organizer chooses to only enable Call Me for a particular meeting (i.e., they disable VoIP, Long distance and Toll-Free), Android attendees will need to have access to both a computer and a telephone in order to successfully join. They will not be able to connect to audio in a Call Me-only session if they join using the Android app at this time.
Can I host a meeting with Call Me as the only audio option?
Yes. However, keep in mind that if you choose to only enable Call Me for a meeting (i.e., you disable Computer audio, Long distance phone numbers and Toll-Free phone numbers), your attendees will need to have access to both a computer and a telephone in order to successfully join. They will not be able to connect to audio if they join using the mobile app because they will need to enter their callback number with a computer to join the meeting first.
Is there a way to use Call Me as a conference-call solution?
No. The only way to use Call Me is to enter the callback phone number in the desktop or Web App once you've joined or started the meeting, so it is not possible to initiate the phone call without it.
Does Call Me show up in my reports?
Yes. You will see Call Me usage listed within the Toll-Free Usage Report.
Why don't I have Call Me?
Call Me is one of GoToMeeting's built-in phone audio options and is offered as part of enhanced audio. However, not all accounts are eligible for or choose to use Call Me.
- If you are an attendee trying to join a meeting and do not see Call Me as an option, then it is not part of the meeting organizer's account. You can use the alternative options listed in the audio info to connect to the meeting's audio conference.
- If you are an organizer trying to add Call Me as an option for your attendees and do not see it in your default audio settings, then your account administrator has not enabled it on your account. Please contact them to request having Call Me added and enabled.
- If you are an account admin trying to enable Call Me for your organizers and do not see it in the Admin Center, then your account may not be eligible for Call Me (see System Requirements for more information). Please contact your billing administrator to request an upgrade to a paid subscription plan with enhanced audio (Toll-Free Numbers & Call Me).