Connect to Audio (Web App)
The audio options that are available for you to connect to the audio conference will vary depending on what options the organizer set for the session (for example, they may have disabled some methods, or even provided their own conference call information).
Below are instructions for connecting to audio when you've joined via the browser-based Web App .
Connect to session audio
- The first time you join a session, you will be prompted to select which audio mode you want to use to connect. You can always switch audio modes during the session if needed).
- Use computer audio – Connect using your computer's mic and speakers (VoIP). You will then be able to select which microphone you want to use and play a sound to test your speakers. Note that computer audio is only available from Google Chrome.
- Phone call – Dial in to the meeting by selecting your desired country and calling the phone number. You can then follow the prompts and enter additional information.
- Phone call – Have GoToMeeting call you by selecting Call me . You can then enter your phone number and expect a call from GoToMeeting. Just answer the phone and follow the prompts given by the operator.
- Click OK, I'm all set when finished. The browser will remember your selection for future sessions.
- If you chose to connect using computer audio (VoIP), you will be prompted to grant the browser permission to access your microphone. Click Allow to continue.
- You are connected to the session! Switch audio modes at any time during the session, provided that the organizer has allowed other audio modes.
Switch audio modes during a session (computer vs. phone)
- Click the Settings icon in the toolbar.
- Click the desired audio mode.
- Computer audio – Click the desired microphone and speakers.
- Phone call – Enter your country and phone number to have GoToMeeting call you, or dial in yourself.
- No audio – You won't be able to hear or talk to other participants.
Mute and unmute yourself
- Your audio is currently connecting via Computer mode (mic and speakers).
- You are unmuted (and connected via Computer mode).
- You are muted (and connected via Computer mode).
- You are currently set to Phone mode, but you have not yet entered your Audio PIN.
- You are unmuted (and connected via Phone mode).
- You are muted (and connected via Phone mode).
Report audio issues
- Click the Settings icon in the top toolbar.
- In the Audio tab, scroll to the bottom and click Report audio issues.