Configure a GoToMeeting Outlook Plugin Proxy
Some companies use a proxy server for all internet connections. A proxy server is a dedicated computer or software running on a computer that is an intermediary between an endpoint device, such as a computer, and servers from which a user is requesting a service. The proxy maintains the privacy of the users, and caches frequently requested sites (to improve request response times), and creates centralized logs that are helpful for troubleshooting.
If your organization uses proxy servers, you will need the proxy server IP address and Port.
You can configure your proxy to require authentication or to remember your credentials.
- Open your Windows Control Panel.
- Click the drop-down menu and select Network and Internet.
- Click Internet Options.
- Under the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
- Under Proxy server, enter your proxy address and port to activate the proxy and hit OK.
- The next time you open your Outlook and click the Add Meeting button, enter your log-in information to use the proxy. Be sure to check the “Remember my credentials” check box so you will not have to enter your information again. Then click OK.