Chat with Others Using Business Messaging
Chat with co-workers, clients and friends in your Chats list! You can even invite people who don't currently have a GoToMeeting account. On the go? Don't worry, you can continue chatting with others from the Messenger App for Mobile Devices.
Chat with someone in your organization
If you are part of a GoToMeeting account that includes other organizers as well, you can easily search for and add your fellow users.
- Click Chats in the left toolbar.
- Next to "Contacts", click the Plus icon +.
- You will see all of the other organizers on your GoToMeeting account automatically populated. Click on an individual's name to add them to your contact list.
- To launch or join a meeting with the person you're chatting with, simply select Meet Now or Join meeting.
Invite an external user
You can invite anyone you'd like to chat with, regardless of whether they are on your GoToMeeting account or even have an account at all! Reach out to your account administrator if this option is disabled for you.
- Click Chats in the toolbar.
- Next to "Contact", click the Plus icon +.
- In the search field, enter the email address of the person you wish to invite.
- Select the "Send an invite to" option, which will appear once you enter an email address.
- The new user will receive an invitation email inviting them to join GoToMeeting Hub. Once they click Get Started, a new browser window will open.
- If they already have a GoToMeeting account, they will be asked to enter their password.
- If they do not have a GoToMeeting account, they will be prompted to create account credentials (email and password) and then to validate their email.
- Once they complete their account set up, they will be launched into GoToMeeting Hub and be ready to chat with you!
Chat with groups of users
You can search for existing groups created by your fellow GoToMeeting users or create your own group. Groups can be public (so they show up in search) or private (invite only). On the go? Don't worry, you can continue chatting with others from the Messenger App for Mobile Devices.
To access groups, click Chats in the left toolbar. All groups that you are a part of will be listed for you to select and chat with.
- To find a group, click the + icon and start typing in the search bar. Select the desired group to join it.
- To create a group, click the + icon and then click the New Group button. Enter a name and select "create this group". Add members and select whether it should be public or private. Then click Create Group.
- To add invite others to a group, click the Person icon in the top right and select Add member.
- To delete a group, click the Settings icon in the top right and select Delete group.
Further your collaboration with others with these additional chat features!
- Share files – Drag and drop files to share them with other users. Reach out to your account administrator if this option is disabled for you.
- Edit a message – Edit a previously sent message by selecting the text, making an update, and clicking Save. An "Edited" message will appear next to the timestamp.
- Know who is actively typing – Check the typing indicator at the top of the chat to see who is actively typing.
- Add a reaction – Add a reaction rather than a full response by clicking the Emoji icon by the message field.