Learn how to do the most common functions on your phone.
Automatically forward incoming calls to an internal extension or external number.
- Press the Menu softkey.
- Select .
- Turn On the desired forwarding type.
- Always: Forwards all incoming calls.
- No Answer: Forwards all unanswered incoming calls.
- Busy: Forwards calls that arrive when you're already in a call.
- Dial the forwarding destination (internal extension or external number).
- If you selected No Answer, enter how many rings to wait before forwarding.
- Press the Save softkey.
Do Not Disturb (DND)
Check your voicemail from your phone.
- Dial *99.
- Dial your password (default 0000).
Download your Voicemail Menu Guide.
Assign regularly dialed numbers to additional line keys on your phone.
Speak with two parties simultaneously by creating a mini-conference call on your line.
- While on an active call, press the Conf softkey.
- Dial the internal extension or external number to add to the conference.
- Wait for the second party to answer, and then let them know that you would like to add them to a 3-way call.
- Press Conf again.
Transfer a call to another party without speaking to them first.
- While on an active call, press the Transfer softkey.
- Dial the transfer destination (internal extension or external number).
- Press the Transf softkey before the destination party answers. Tip: To transfer a call directly to voicemail, dial 0 + extension.
Choose a new ringtone for your phone or assign a different ringtone to each of your lines.
- Press the Menu key.
- Select .
- If there are multiple lines assigned to your phone, select the line you wish to modify.
- Select the desired ringtone (highlight to sample ringtones).
- Press the Save softkey. Note: This phone does not support silent ringtones.
Visually monitor the speed dial contacts assigned to your phone to know whether or not they are on an active call. These line keys will light up (busy lamp field) indicating if someone is busy or available.
- To presence monitor, a system admin must enable this feature on your phone.
- The lines you want to presence monitor must be speed dial assignments on your phone.
- The number of contacts you can presence monitor is limited the number of line keys on your phone.
See what features are supported on your phone.
Call Handling Features
- Warm Transfer
- Blind Transfer
- Do Not Disturb (DND)
- Call Forward All
- Call Forward Busy
- Call Forward No Answer
- Call Forward Ring
- Multi-way Calling
- Anonymous Call Rejection
- Call Waiting
- On-hook Dialing
- Stutter Tone
User Interface Features
- Call Logs
- LDAP Directory
- On Device Directory
- Adjustable Ringer Volume
- 3 SIP Accounts
- Dedicated Line Keys
- 1 Physical Line Key
- Upper Multifunction Keys – 12 Physical / 24 Virtual (supports line assignments)
- 12 Lower Multifunction Keys (supports line assignments)
- Mute Button
- Black & White Display
- Message Waiting Indicator (MWI)
- Busy Lamp Field (BLF)
- Time/Date Display
- Caller ID (CID)
- On Screen Message Display
Network & Provisioning
- On Device Ethernet (PoE)
- Web Interface Provisionable
- PC Connection
- VSP601 Wireless Handset
- VSP505 Cordless Headset
- Wired Headset
From the Web UI
- Press Menu.
- Select and then write down the phone's IP Address.
- Open an incognito window in Google Chrome, enter the IP address in the address (URL) bar and then press enter on your keyboard. If the web UI doesn't load, enter https:// before the phone’s IP address.
- Enter your Device Admin Password. Tip: To find your password, log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx and then click Security in the left sidebar.
- Go to .
- Enter http://‹domain›.onjive.com/p for the Server URL. Note: Replace ‹domain› with your unique domain (found in parentheses at the top of the admin portal dashboard).
- Click .
Reset Secure Provisioning
After you factory reset a phone, you’ll need to reset secure provisioning from the admin portal so it can reconnect.
- Log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Click Devices in the left sidebar and then choose the device that needs secure provisioning reset.
- From , click Reset.