How do I use call parking?
Virtually park calls on hold and answer them from any phone, regardless of its line assignments.
Before you begin:
- A system admin must enable this feature on your user profile and each shared device.
- This feature is supported on Cisco MPP, Polycom, and Yealink only.
About this task:
- You can presence monitor a designated call parking spot to see when a call is waiting for you.
- There is an unlimited number of parking spots available, and they can be assigned manually or by the system.
Park in a user-assigned spot
- Blind transfer to *37 + parking spot number (any number of digits, but it cannot start with 0). For example, to park a call in spot 1, blind transfer the call to *371. Note:
- If you blind transfer a call to an occupied spot, the call will be transferred back to your phone.
- Some phones do not support a blind transfer. See your phone’s guide for more information.
Park in a system-assigned spot
- Warm transfer to *37 (do not transfer the call before the system tells you where the call is parked).
- The system will notify you where the call is parked.
- Complete the transfer.
Answer a parked call
- Dial *37 + parking spot number. Note: Parked calls will remain on hold until someone answers them or Call Parking Timeout lapses (the call is then routed back to the original person who parked the call).