On a traditional analog system, a call placed on hold can only be retrieved from a phone with the same line assignment. For example, if a call was placed on hold on line 1, someone could pick up the call from any other phone with line 1 on it. Now, you can virtually park calls on hold and answer them from any phone, regardless of its line assignments. There is an unlimited number of parking spots available, and they can be assigned manually or by the system.
Park in a user-assigned spot
1. Blind transfer to *37 + parking spot number (any number of digits, but it cannot start with 0). For example, to park a call in spot 1, blind transfer the call to *371.
- If you blind transfer a call to an occupied spot, the call will be transferred back to your phone.
- Some phones do not support a blind transfer. See your phone’s guide for more information.
Park in a system-assigned spot
1. Warm transfer to *37 (do not transfer the call before the system tells you where the call is parked).
2. The system will notify you where the call is parked.
3. Complete the transfer.
Answer a parked call
1. Dial *37 + parking spot number.
- Parked calls will remain on hold until someone answers them or Call Parking Timeout lapses (the call is then routed back to the original person who parked the call).
Tip: You can presence monitor a designated call parking spot to see when a call is waiting for you.