How do I use a virtual fax machine in a dial plan?
Tell the system to listen for a fax tone. If a fax is detected, the call is intercepted and sent to the designated virtual fax machine.
- Log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Click Dial Plans in the left sidebar and then click the dial plan you want to edit.
The dial plan editor will launch in a separate window.
- Drag and drop the Detect Fax node from the left sidebar to the desired spot on the canvas. Important: This node must be the first used in a dial plan if you want to detect a fax.
- Drag and drop of the previous node to the left side of the Detect Fax node, connecting the nodes to prevent dropped calls.
- Complete the following setting(s):
Setting Description Choose… Select the desired virtual fax machine. Next Node Connects nodes to create a call flow.
- Continue to build the call flow.
- Click Save.