1. Log in at my.jive.com/PBX.
2. Click Dial Plans in the left sidebar and then click the dial plan you want to edit.
- The dial plan editor will launch in a separate window.
- Before editing your dial plan, make sure you have created and set up the line on the device you want to use.
3. Drag and drop the Simple Dial or Line & Voicemail node in the left sidebar to the desired spot on the canvas.
- Simple Dial: Routes the caller to a line. This node ignores any Find Me/Follow Me settings that may be set up on an individual line.
- Line & Voicemail: Routes the caller to a specified line where the user’s Find Me/Follow Me settings are followed. If the user has not set up their Find Me/Follow Me settings, the line will ring for 20 seconds and then go to voicemail.
4. Drag and drop the target icon of the previous node to the left side of the Simple Dial or Line & Voicemail node so that they are connected. This is important in preventing dropped calls.
5. Complete the following setting(s):
- Choose…: Select the line that will be used.
- Timeout: Enter the time (in seconds) that the line will ring before going to the next node in the call flow. The default timeout is 20 seconds.
- Next Node: Connects nodes together to create a call flow. Drag and drop the target on the next node in the dial plan. Disconnected targets will hang up on the caller at that point in the dial plan.
6. Continue to build out the call flow. When you complete it, click [SAVE].