This feature is supported on Cisco MPP, Polycom, and Yealink only.
So you’ve got someone that has to bounce around the office or between different locations—like a hot potato—and they need an easy way to access their phone. Hot desking allows a user to load their extension settings to a shared phone and use it as their own, regardless of where they physically sit.
1. Log in at my.jive.com/PBX.
2. Click Users in the left sidebar and then click the user that requires changes.
4. From the General tab > Hot Desking section, toggle Enable Hot Desking on or off.
5. If turning on, select a Hot Desk Roaming Profile (optional) to determine which device settings are used.
- If you do not select a profile, the first device listed under User’s Devices is used.
- You can only choose from devices assigned to the current user or any devices without an assigned user.
6. Click [SAVE].
Tip: Hot desking is enabled by default on all phones, but you can verify this from Devices (left sidebar) > Choose the Device > Hardware tab > Enable Hot Desking.