How do I turn call encryption on and off?
Jive Secure always encrypts the first path of audio and will encrypt both if your call is with another device that has Secure Calling enabled as well.
- This feature is supported on Cisco MPP, Polycom, andYealink desk phones as well as our softphone and mobile app.
- Our voice features, like call monitoring and call recording, still work with call encryption enabled.
- Call encryption may use slightly more bandwidth and will change the network protocol you’re using. As a result, be sure to adjust your network policies as needed.
- If media release is enabled on your network, Jive Secure will override this setting.
- Jive Secure uses TCP protocol. Ensure that port 5062 is enabled on your network.
- Log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Click Security from the left sidebar and then click Devices to toggle Secure Calling on or off for each phone.
- The phone will automatically reboot.
- A padlock appears on the phone’s display when call encryption is enabled.
Tip: You can also enable call encryption from a device profile.