It’s nice to know if someone is available before you call them. Presence monitoring allows you to visually monitor the speed dial contacts assigned to your phone to know whether or not they are on an active call. These line keys will light up (busy lamp field) indicating if a contact is busy or available. Please note that the capacity of presence monitoring is dependent on the number of line keys on your phone.
1. Log in at my.jive.com/PBX.
2. Click Devices in the left sidebar and then choose the device that requires presence monitoring.
3. From the Button Configuration tab, check Allow this device to monitor the presence of other devices.
4. Select Speed Dial w/Presence as the button type, and then choose the extension to be monitored.
- To presence monitor a call parking spot, change the type to phone number (icon next to the extension) and then enter *37 + the parking spot number.
5. Optional—Edit the button label. Changing this overrides the line name.
6. Click [SAVE].
7. Power cycle the device(s) to apply the changes.