A good Internet connection is the most important component for call quality. We test networks from each Jive Business Continuity (JBC) device every 5 minutes so you can stay ahead of any issues that may arise.
1. Login at my.jive.com/alerts.
2. From the Network Quality Alerts tab, enable Send Network Quality Alerts.
3. Enter the email address for each alert recipient.
- Alerts can only be delivered to a single email address. If you need to deliver your alerts to a group, use an email alias (e.g. email@example.com) or create an auto-forward rule in your email client.
- Alerts will come from firstname.lastname@example.org, so make sure this address is not marked as SPAM or junk mail.
4. Set your network quality thresholds:
- Latency: The average time it takes call audio packets to travel from a phone to Jive Cloud and back. If latency measures above 100ms, call quality could be affected.
- Jitter: The change in the amount of time it takes for call audio packets to move from a phone to Jive Cloud (i.e. call audio is arriving out of order). If jitter measures above 10ms, call quality could be affected.
- Packet Loss: The percentage of call audio packets lost while traveling from a phone to Jive Cloud. If packet loss measures above 0.5%, call quality could be affected.