A good Internet connection is the most critical component for call quality. We test networks from each Jive Business Continuity (JBC) device every 5 minutes so you can stay ahead of any issues that may arise.
- Verify you have a JBC device installed on your system.
- Log in at https://my.jive.com/alerts.
- From Network Quality Alerts, enable Send Network Quality Alerts.
- Enter the email address for each alert recipient.
- Set your network quality thresholds:
Option Description Latency The average time it takes call audio packets to travel from a phone to Jive Cloud and back. If latency measures above 100ms, call quality could be affected. Jitter The change in the amount of time it takes for call audio packets to move from a phone to Jive Cloud (i.e., call audio is arriving out of order). If jitter measures above 10ms, call quality could be affected. Packet Loss The percentage of call audio packets lost while traveling from a phone to Jive Cloud. If packet loss measures above 0.5%, call quality could be affected.
Alerts will come from firstname.lastname@example.org, so make sure not to mark this address as SPAM or junk mail.