Extension mapping reroutes an extension or a range of extensions to another extension. This is primarily used to transition a third party phone system to Jive or to integrate your remote workers with a traditional phone system. Another cool tip—use extension mapping to allow a caller to dial 0 (zero) to reach an operator (i.e. an extension of your choice).
1. Log in at my.jive.com/PBX.
2. Click System Settings in the left sidebar.
3. From the Extension Mapping tab, click [ADD EXTENSION MAPPING].
4. Enter the Pattern (extension or range of extensions) that you want forwarded to a new extension. Use X for extension ranges:
- 1XXX for extensions 1000-1999
- 12XX for extensions 1200-1299
- 123X for extensions 1230-1239
- Only unassigned extensions will follow these mapping rules.
5. Select the destination Extension for the rerouted extension(s) and then click the checkmark icon.