How do I set up extension mapping?
Reroute an extension or a range of extensions to another extension.
About this task: Extension mapping is primarily used to transition a third party phone system to Jive or to integrate your remote workers with a traditional phone system. Use extension mapping to allow a caller to dial 0 to reach an operator (i.e., an extension of your choice).
- Log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Click System Settings in the left sidebar.
- From Extension Mapping, click Add Extension Mapping.
- Enter the Pattern (extension or range of extensions) that you want forwarded to a new extension. Only unassigned extensions will follow these mapping rules. Use X for extension ranges:
- 1XXX for extensions 1000-1999.
- 12XX for extensions 1200-1299.
- 123X for extensions 1230-1239.
- Select the destination Extension for the rerouted extension(s).
- Click .