How do I set up emergency call notifications?
Emergencies, as much as we don’t like them, can happen in an instant. Why not be prepared? Emergency service call notifications alert specified personnel immediately after any line dials emergency services (U.S.=911, International=112). As needed, notifications can be sent via email or text message (SMS).
1. Log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
2. Click System Settings in the left sidebar.
3. From the General tab > Emergency Service Call Notification section, enable Send Emergency Service Call Alerts.
4. Enter an Alert Email Address, and then click (+) to add multiple email addresses.
- Using a specially formatted email address defined by cell phone carriers, emergency notifications can be sent via text message (SMS). As of this writing, the formats below may be used (replace “number” with a 10 digit mobile number with no hyphens).
- Alltel: email@example.com
- AT&T: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cingular: email@example.com
- Metro PCS: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nextel: email@example.com
- Powertel: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Qwest: email@example.com
- Sprint: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suncom: email@example.com
- T-Mobile: firstname.lastname@example.org
- U.S. Cellular: email@example.com
- Verizon: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Virgin Mobile: email@example.com
5. Optional—Enter a Custom Emergency Number, and then click (+) to add multiple numbers.
- A custom emergency number is a phone number that triggers emergency service call notifications. These custom numbers can be helpful if you have different protocol for emergencies—perhaps you have onsite security or medical personnel that’s called for smaller emergencies. It’s a good idea to add these numbers as a speed dial options on every device in your organization for easier access in case of an emergency.
- To trigger emergency service call notifications when an internal extension is dialed, route the desired line extension to the custom emergency number as the only ring step in the line’s dial plan (Find Me/Follow Me).
6. Click [SAVE].
7. Dial *(star) + 911 from an internal phone to test emergency service call notifications.