How do I set up a user's email notifications and other voicemail options?
Set up voicemail boxes with custom greetings, email notifications, retrieval options, and more.
Before you begin:
- Log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Click Lines, Ring Groups, or Shared Voicemail Box in the left sidebar and then click the specific line, ring group, or shared voicemail that requires email notifications.
- From , enable Email Notifications.
- Optional: Enable Attach Voicemail Message. If enabled, choose the Voicemail Attachment Format:
- .wav49: Smaller file size (default, recommended).
- .wav: Larger file size, more compatible with mobile devices.
- Optional: Enable Delete Message After Sending. Note: Deletion is permanent (we cannot retrieve deleted messages) and will prevent voicemail management from a phone, GoToConnect, and our mobile app.
- Select the Email Address recipient. Note: You can only send notifications to a single email address. To deliver notifications to a group, use an email alias (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org) or create an auto-forward rule in your email client.Tip: Use a specially formatted email address provided by your cell phone carrier to send notifications via text message (SMS). Check with your carrier for more details.
- Click Save.
Optional voicemail settings
About this task:
|Alternate Mailbox||Uses a shared mailbox for all voicemail messages and disables the line’s dedicated mailbox.|
|Time Zone||Sets the time zone for the line.|
|Say Message Timestamp||System says the time the voicemail was received before playing the message.|
|Say Caller ID||System says the caller’s phone number before playing the message.|
|Say Message Duration If Longer Than ___ Minutes||System says the duration of the message if it is longer than the specified threshold.|
|Message Review||Gives callers the option to press # to listen to their message and optionally re-record it.
Note: There is no prompt for callers to press # after recording their voicemail. Make sure to include these instructions in the voicemail greeting.
|Escape to Operator||Allows callers to press 0 to be transferred, rather than leaving a message.|
|[Change Voicemail Box Password...]||Changes your password (default 0000). Password must be at least four digits.|