How do I set up a personal dial plan on a line?
Every line on your system can have its own unique dial plan (Find Me/Follow Me) to route calls however you want. When someone calls your line, you can have it simultaneously ring your cell phone; or if you don’t answer, you can direct the call to a completely different destination.
- You must have admin or super admin permissions.
- If you do not have admin permissions, you can set up your personal dial plan from GoToConnect for your line.
- Log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Click Lines in the left sidebar and then click the line that requires changes to its dial plan.
- From Dial Plan, customize the following:
Option Description Ring Step Routes incoming calls to various destinations in a specified sequence to create a unique call flow for the line.
- Add multiple extensions/numbers to a single ring step to ring multiple extensions or external numbers all at once.
- Add multiple ring steps within the dial plan to create an ordered call flow.
- If you have Block Caller ID enabled on a phone number used by your line, your External Caller ID will continue to be blocked as it is transferred to other destinations in the ring steps.
Confirm Pickup If enabled, the system provides the option to dial 1 to accept an incoming call or 2 to send it to voicemail.
- Enabling confirm pickup allows the call to re-route back to the next ring step or to the Jive voicemail box instead of getting stuck on a cell phone voicemail.
- Having confirm pickup enabled lets the user know the call is business related so they can then answer the call appropriately.
Pass–through Caller ID This option controls what is shown on the caller ID for call steps with external numbers. If enabled, the caller ID of the original caller is displayed. Disabled, the caller ID shows the number configured for the line. Ring Timeout The time (in seconds) that the line should ring before going to the next step in the dial plan. This is overridden by any simple dial nodes that reference the line in the dial plan editor. No answer, send to
- Voicemail: Sends the caller to the voicemail box associated with the line.
- Extension: Sends the caller to the specified extension.
- External Number: Sends the caller to the specified external number.
- Transferer: If the call was transferred to the line, returns the call to the party that initiated the transfer. If the call was not transferred to the line, it hangs up on the caller.
- Hang up: Simply hangs up on the caller.
If calls fail, send to
- (Unspecified): Follows the If No Answer, Send To…ring step.
- External Number: Forwards the call to a specified external number.
- Extension: Forwards the call to a specified extension.
Note: If you have multiple locations on your system, we recommend using the failover to an extension option to avoid routing calls to another device affected by the same outage.