This feature is supported on Cisco MPP, Polycom, and Yealink only.
This plug-and-play feature allows a phone to provision and configure automatically, whether right out of the box or after a factory reset, without manually entering a provisioning URL.
Before using One Touch Activation, ensure that all users have been created and assigned to a device without a hardware profile. For larger deployments, this is typically done by your Project Manager during onboarding.
If you use the wizard to create your users or devices, do not complete the hardware settings.
1. Export your users to view a complete user list with their dialable usernames.
2. After plugging in the phone, press the Activate softkey.
3. Enter the numerical dialable username for the user assigned to that phone.
- Once the phone has identified the user, you will hear “Thank You” and the phone will automatically update its configuration and reboot (possibly more than once).
- Activation can take some time depending on your phone and network speed. Don’t be alarmed if your phone’s screen is blank during this time.
- When you have successfully activated the phone, the user’s extension(s) will appear on the display. If the phone does not automatically reboot, you can manually power cycle the device.
In the event that the device activation is unsuccessful, one of the following error responses will play notifying you of the issues:
|The account number you have entered is invalid.||The dialable username entered does not exist.||Enter the dialable username for the user assigned to the device.|
|That option is invalid, please try again.||The user entered has not been assigned to a device.||Assign a device to the user.|
|Error.||Unknown error.||Please try again or contact your Project Manager for assistance.|
If you need further assistance, please contact your Project Manager.