How do I provision a device?
See below for various ways to provision your device(s).
Plug and Play
If shipping time is not a concern, you can choose to have your devices purchased from Jive pre-configured with the latest vetted firmware version ready for plug-and-play installation.
- Plug in the handset and headset cables.
- Plug the network cable from your internet source into the LAN port on the phone (possibly labeled as SW, NET, or Internet).
- If daisy-chaining a computer to the phone, plug a network cable into the PC port on the phone and then plug the other end into the computer. The phone should supply the connection to the computer (internet source > phone > computer).
- If the phone is not using PoE, plug in the power adapter.
If you need your devices faster, this variation of plug-and-play allows a device to be provisioned with some prep work and then a few simple steps right out of the box. This can also be done after a factory reset.
- Export your users to view a complete user list with their dialable usernames.
- After plugging in the device, press the Activate softkey.
- Enter the numerical dialable username for the user assigned to that device.
- Once the device has identified the user, you will hear “Thank You” and the device will automatically update its configuration and reboot (possibly more than once). Activation can take some time depending on your device and network speed. Don’t be alarmed if your device's screen is blank during this time.
In the event that the device activation is unsuccessful, one of the following error responses will play notifying you of the issues:
Error Cause Solution The account number you have entered is invalid. The dialable username entered does not exist. Enter the dialable username for the user assigned to the device. That option is invalid, please try again. The user entered has not been assigned to a device. Assign a device to the user. Error. Unknown error. Please try again or contact your Project Manager for assistance.
If you are using unsupported hardware or bringing over existing equipment, this method allows you to point your device to our provisioning server from the device menu or web UI.