In today’s rapidly expanding business world, making calls to international clients or offices is quickly becoming part of the norm. By making those calls through Jive, you can cut down on costs and control which of your employees can make toll calls by granting international dialing permissions. Jive allows unlimited calls (without fees) to the 48 contiguous US states, Puerto Rico, and many locations within Canada. Understand that calls to Alaska, Hawaii, and some areas in Canada are billed at a low rate that is generally less than $0.03/min.
1. Go to our international fees tool and check the rate per minute for the country you’d like to call. Notice that in some countries, it is more expensive to call a mobile phone.
2. Dial your country’s exit code (US = 011, list of exit codes) which replaces the plus sign (+) commonly used in international numbers.
- You must have international dialing permissions.
3. Dial your destination party’s country code (list of country codes).
4. Dial your destination party’s area code.
5. Dial your destination party’s local phone number. If the number you are calling starts with 0 (zero), you can omit this when you dial.
Example: To make a call from the US to a landline in São Paulo, Brazil; you would dial 011-55-11-XXXX-XXXX.