How do I import and export a dial plan?
Exporting a dial plan allows you to download a .xml of your dial plan and then upload it into another Jive phone system. This saves you from having to recreate a dial plan multiple times for each system. Organizations that have various locations where each is operating on a different phone system—like a school district—will find this tool useful. This process can also be used to backup a dial plan before you make changes to it (just in case you change your mind).
Export a Dial Plan
Import a Dial Plan
1. Log in at my.jive.com/PBX.
2. Click Dial Plans in the left sidebar and then click [IMPORT DIAL PLAN].
3. Select the exported dial plan (.xml) from your computer.
- The imported dial plan will appear with the same name, followed by “new version”. You can click the edit icon in-line to change the name.
- Proprietary options, like sound clips, are removed so only the nodes and connections remain once imported.