How do I give a user and user group dialing permissions?
Give a user or user group dialing permissions to determine what types of outbound calls users can make from their phone.
You must have super admin permissions.
- Log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Click Permissions in the left sidebar.
- From , select the user or user group that needs dialing permissions.
- Check all necessary dialing Permissions:
Option Description Internal Users can dial internal extensions. Local Users can dial local numbers inside the area code defined on their line. Domestic long distance Users can dial long distance numbers (including toll free numbers) outside the area code defined on their line. Domestic mobile Users can dial mobile numbers. This allows user permission control in countries where it is more expensive to call mobile phones. International Users can dial international numbers outside the region defined on their line; including US Territories and Foreign States. See our international rates. Toll numbers Users can dial numbers that assess per-minute charges (e.g., 1-900 numbers). Malicious area codes Users can dial international numbers that are numbered under NANPA (i.e., they are ten-digit dialable). These have extremely high per-minute rates and are often involved in scams.
- Click Save.
- To remove a user or user group, hover over the user or user group you would like to remove and then click . Click Save.