1. Log in at my.jive.com/PBX.
2. Click Lines in the left sidebar and then click the line that you want to customize.
3. From the General tab > Extension section, customize the following settings:
- Shared Line: This feature is supported on Cisco MPP, Yealink, Polycom VVX only. Shares the line across multiple phones allowing users to mutually manage and monitor incoming calls and calls placed on hold. A shared line is a 2-way line, and not intended to act as a conference line.
- Omit From Directory: This setting omits the extension from all internal directories.
- Omit from Auto Attendant Extension Dialing: This setting omits the extension from being dialed within an auto attendant.
- Language: Defines the language for system messages (e.g. voicemail menu [IVR]). This does not change the language for any page in the portal.
- German – Deutsch (Deutschland)
- English (United Kingdom)
- English (US)
- Spanish – Español (España)
- Spanish – Español (México)
- French – Français (Canada)
- French – Français (France)
- Portuguese – Português (Brasil)
- Region: Allows a line to dial a local number without having to dial the country code first (e.g. +1 in the U.S.) and matches the ringback (what a caller hears while waiting for their call to be answered) to that region.
- United Kingdom
- United States
4. From the General tab > Inbound Call Options section, customize the following settings:
- Intercom Auto Pickup: Enables the line to receive incoming intercom calls from other lines on the system. Intercom is a feature that automatically answers the call and puts it on speaker, unless the receiving phone is set to do not disturb.
- Hold Music: Use PBX’s default hold music or play a custom hold music playlist for the line.
- Ringback: Determines what a caller hears while waiting for their call to be answered. Ringing is selected as the default, but a Hold Music Playlist can also be selected.
5. From the General tab > Outbound Call Options section, customize the following settings:
- Local Area Code: Three digit area code used before dialing a seven digit phone number (if dialing a number within the local area, you do not need dial the area code). This can be set to the system default area code or customized to any other local area code.
- External Caller ID: Controls what caller ID value is displayed when making calls to outbound numbers. This can be set to the system default caller ID or customize to a different caller ID.
5. Click [SAVE].