1. Log in at my.jive.com/PBX.
2. Click Devices in the left sidebar and then click the device you want to customize.
3. From the Settings tab, customize the following settings:
- Assigned User: Defines the user assigned to the device.
- GO TO USER PROFILE: Opens the assigned user’s user profile.
- Name: Name by which the device is identified. This does not affect the caller ID.
- Display Name: Defines the name displayed on the device. This does not affect the caller ID. The way in which the name displays on the device depends on your phone model.
- Time Zone: Defines the time zone displayed on the device.
- Corporate Directory: Defines which corporate directory is used on the device.
- Secure Calling: This feature is supported on Cisco MPP, Polycom, and Yealink only. Enables Jive Secure (call encryption).
- Resync Device: Resyncs the device and applies any changes saved within the device profile. Avoid clicking the resync icon multiple times, as each resync request is queued (i.e. clicking the resync icon three times may reboot the phone three times).
- Paging Profile: Defines the paging profile used by the device (multicast paging).
- Outbound Proxy: Defines the outbound proxy used by the device for sending messages to Jive servers. This can be set to the system default outbound proxy or customized to any other outbound proxy configured on the system. Outbound proxy is typically configured by Jive to accommodate certain network setups and is not commonly required.
- Registration Proxy: The default registration proxy with which devices configure.
- JBC: Defines the Jive Business Continuity (JBC) setup used on the device. Outbound Proxy and Registration Proxy are disabled while using JBC. JBC must be setup and installed by Jive before it can be used on your system.
- Site: Assigns a site to a phone. This is used to organize phones on your contact directory by location, office, department, etc.
- BIlling Group: Sorts billable devices (and phone numbers) by billing group on your monthly Jive invoice for internal accounting and reporting purposes.
4. If you are using a Polycom phone, you’ll have these additional settings:
- Polycom Acoustic Fence: Enables noise cancellation on Polycom VVX series phones that automatically filters background noise for your callers—making it easier for them to hear you. This is a one-way feature, only the audio your callers hear is affected; what you hear from them will remain unchanged. Firmware version 5.4.4 or higher is required.
- Polycom Acoustic Fence Threshold: Determines the amount of background noise that is filtered when using the Polycom Acoustic Fence. Enter a value between 1 (low noise situations) and 10 (high noise situations).
5. If you are using a Yealink phone, you may have these additional settings:
- Multicast Mega Volume: Increases the device volume for received multicast pages. Useful in large rooms or noisy environments. Supported devices:
- Yealink T19P E2
- Yealink T21P E2
- Yealink T23G/P
- Yealink T40G
- Yealink T41G
- Yealink T42G
- Yealink T46G
- Yealink T48G
- Yealink T49G
6. Click [SAVE].