1. Log in at my.jive.com/PBX.
2. Click Call Queues in the left sidebar and then click the call queue that you want to customize.
3. From the General tab, customize the following settings:
- Omit From Directory: This setting omits the extension from all internal directories.
- Omit from Auto Attendant Extension Dialing: This setting omits the extension from being dialed within an auto attendant.
4. From the Queue Behavior tab > Agent Settings section, customize the following settings:
- Ring Strategy: Defines how calls are distributed amongst agents.
- Ring All: Rings all available agents.
- Round Robin: Distributes calls in the order in which agents logged in to the queue.
- Least Recent: Sends the call to the agent who has not received a call for the longest period of time.
- Fewest Calls: Sends the call to the agent who has taken the fewest number of calls.
- Random: Selects the next agent randomly
- Pre-Call Announcement: Plays a sound clip to agents in the queue before they are connected with the caller. This useful when agents are logged in to multiple queues.
- Report Caller Hold Time: Announces to the agent answering the call how long the caller has been waiting in the queue.
- Connection Delay: Controls whether a delay is inserted between the time an agent answers the call and the time the agent is connected to the caller.
- Connect Timeout: Controls how long an agent’s phone rings before choosing a new agent to receive the call.
- Retry Wait Time: Controls how long to wait from the time an agent connection timeout (see above) occurs before trying the next agent.
- Wrap Up Time: Allows agents to have a few moments of down time after finishing a call before they can be sent another call. This is useful when the agents need to record information about the call prior to taking the next one.
- Ring In Use: Notifies agents of additional incoming calls even if they are already on a call.
- Forwarding: Controls how forwarded devices are handled. Sometimes an agent’s phone in a call queue is setup to forward its calls, causing calls to the agent to be immediately answered. As a result, other agents are prevented from answering the call. This option allows for these devices to be ignored. Direct calls to agents will still be forwarded. Only direct calls to the call queue will ignore call forwarding.
5. From the Queue Behavior tab > Caller Settings section, customize the following settings:
- Weight: Prioritizes how calls are distributed to an agent that is logged in to multiple queues at once. The calls in the queue with the greater weight are sent to the agent before the calls from lower-weighted queues.
- Max. Callers: Determines the maximum number of callers that can be placed in the queue. Set it to 0 (zero) to allow unlimited calls (recommended).
- While waiting in queue, callers will hear: Controls whether callers hear ringing or hold music while waiting for an agent to answer them in the queue. Callers will still hear hold music when placed on hold
- Position Announcement Frequency: Controls how often a caller is notified of his or her position in the queue. Set to 0 (zero) to disable this announcement.
- Position Announcement Rounding: Controls the level of precision with which callers are told their approximate wait time. 0 (zero) means that only minutes are announced. Values of 5, 10, 30, etc. announce the time rounded to the nearest 5, 10, 30, etc. seconds.
- Periodic Announcement Message: Plays a message to callers waiting in the queue periodically.
- Periodic Announcement Frequency: Controls how often the periodic announcement plays to callers waiting in the queue. Set this to 0 (zero) to disable periodic announcements.
- Say Hold Time: Controls whether the estimated hold time is included with the periodic announcements. Setting this to Once includes the hold time with the first announcement only.
- Allow new callers to empty queue: Controls how callers are handled when no agents are available in the queue.
- Permit: Allows new callers even when no agents are present.
- Deny: Routes callers to the next step in the dial plan when no agents are present.
- Deny Strict: Rejects new callers when no agents are available, not just when none are present
- Remove callers when queue has no agents: Callers waiting in the queue will be removed when the last agent leaves the queue.
6. Click [SAVE].