Could you imagine having a physical fax machine for every individual in your organization? Your whole building would be full of fax machines! With virtual fax machines, you have this ability (if you need to) and can do it without a single piece of equipment. Create as many virtual fax machines as you need to allow your organization to send and receive faxes through email.
- Virtual fax machines are only available within the US and Canada.
- Virtual faxes can only be sent to external fax numbers; any virtual faxes sent between two internal extensions will fail.
- To receive faxes, a phone number must be routed to the virtual fax machine.
- For assistance sending faxes with Apple Mail, please contact Customer Support.
1. Log in at my.jive.com/PBX.
2. Click Virtual Fax Machines in the left sidebar and then click [ADD VIRTUAL FAX MACHINE].
- The next available number will automatically populate the Extension; change this number as needed.
3. Enter a Name for the virtual fax machine.
4. Click the checkmark icon and then click the newly added virtual fax machine to edit its settings.
5. From the Sending tab > Email to Fax Access section, verify that an access code was generated. Otherwise, click [RESET].
6. From the Receive tab, enter an email address to receive incoming faxes.
- The incoming fax will come from email@example.com, so make sure this address is not marked as SPAM or junk mail.
7. Click [SAVE].
- There are additional options that you can customize to your liking.