Just like the name entails, a shared voicemail box allows a group of people—like a department or team—to share a voicemail box. You can create a different shared voicemail box for each of these groups and allow individuals with the password to check any voicemails that are received.
1. Log in at my.jive.com/PBX.
2. Click Shared Voicemail Boxes in the left sidebar and then click [ADD SHARED VOICEMAIL BOX].
- The next available number will automatically populate the Extension; change this number as needed.
3. Enter a Name for the shared voicemail box.
4. Click the checkmark icon and then click the newly added shared voicemail box to edit its settings.
5. From the General tab, you can customize the following:
- Omit From Directory: This setting omits the extension from all internal directories.
- Omit from Auto Attendant Extension Dialing: This setting omits the extension from being dialed within an auto attendant.
- Intercept Incoming Faxes: Enables the shared voicemail box to receive virtual faxes to a specified email address. To receive faxes, a phone number must be directed to the shared voicemail box.
- Send Faxes to: Sends virtual faxes to the designated email address.
- Extensions: Lists all extensions configured with the Shared Voicemail Box. Click on the extension name to go to its settings.