How do I create a dial by name directory?
Create a dial by name directory to allow your callers to reach an extension without knowing it from memory.
Your system comes ready with an internal directory (includes all extensions) that is assigned as the default directory. You can edit this directory or create a new default directory that internal users can access by dialing *11.
- Log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Click Dial By Name Directories in the left sidebar and then click Add Dial by Name Directory.
- The next available number will automatically populate the Extension; change this number as needed.
- Enter a Name for the dial by name directory.
- Click and then click the newly added dial by name directory to configure its settings. Note: You can include all extensions or select specific ones to be included in the directory.