How do I create a dial by name directory?
Create a dial by name directory to allow your callers to reach an extension without knowing it from memory.
About this task: Your system comes ready with an internal directory (includes all extensions) that is assigned as the default directory. You can edit this directory or create a new default directory that internal users can access by dialing *11.
- Log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Click Dial By Name Directories in the left sidebar and then click Add Dial by Name Directory.
- The next available number will automatically populate the Extension; change this number as needed.
- Enter a Name for the dial by name directory.
- Click and then click the newly added dial by name directory to configure its settings. Note: You can include all extensions or select specific ones to be included in the directory.